Kathleen: What is that supposed to be? I am so sick of that. All that means is that wasn't personal to you, but it was personal to me it's personal to a lot of people. I mean, What's so wrong with being personal anyway?
凱瑟琳:那是什么意思?真討厭別人這么說。那不是你的私事,是我的,是很多人的。我的意思是,是私人問題有什么不好。
Joe: Uh, nothing.
喬:哦,沒什么不好的。
Kathleen: Because whatever else anything is, it ought to begin by being personal. My head's starting to get fuzzy. Uhh, why did you stop by again, I forgot.
凱瑟琳:因為不論什么事,都是從私事開始的。我的頭有點暈。對了,我忘了,你為什么到我這來著?
Joe: I wanted to be your friend.
喬:我想成為你的朋友。
Kathleen: Oh.
凱瑟琳:是嗎?
Joe: I knew it wasn't possible. What can I say, sometimes a guy just wants the impossible. Can I ask you a question?
喬:我知道這是不可能的。怎么說呢,有時候人就是想要得到不可能得到的東西。能問一個問題嗎?
Kathleen: What?
凱瑟琳:什么?
Joe: What happened with that guy at the cafe?
喬:你和在咖啡店等的那個人后來怎么樣了?
Kathleen: Nothing.
凱瑟琳:沒什么。

Joe: But you're crazy about him.
喬:但你對他很瘋狂。
Kathleen: Yes, I am.
凱瑟琳:是的。
Joe: Well, why don't you fun off wini him. What are You waiting for?
喬:干嘛不追他,你在等什么?
Kathleen: I don't actually know him.
凱瑟琳:我根本就不認識他。
Joe: Really?
喬:是嗎?
Kathleen: I only know him through the... You're not going to believe this.
凱瑟琳:我認識他是通過……你是不會相信的。
Joe: Oh, let me guess, through the internet?
喬:讓我猜猜,是通過網絡?
Kathleen: Yes.
凱瑟琳:對啊。
Joe: Hmmm, you've got mail.
喬:嗯,你有郵件。
Kathleen: Yes.
凱瑟琳:對啊。
Joe: Those are very powerful words.
喬:充滿力量的提示語。
Kathleen: Yes.
凱瑟琳:對啊。
Joe: Well, I'm happy for him, although, could I just make a little suggestion?
喬:我真為他高興,可以給你提個建議嗎?
Kathleen: What?
凱瑟琳:什么建議?
Joe: I think you should meet him. No, I take that back. Why would you wanna meet somebody you're crazy about?
喬:我覺得你應該見見他,不,不,換個說法。為什么不去見三你為之瘋狂的那個人呢?
Kathleen: Hey, I hardly think I need to take advice from a person.
凱瑟琳:嗨,我可不想聽你的建議,你可是……
Joe: No, I can see that I brought out the worst in you. Let me just help you to not say something you're just going to torture yourself about for years to come. I hope you feel better soon. It'd be a shame to miss New York in the spring.
喬:別,我知道是我把你變得如此刻薄。我現在只是想幫你,多去說那些以后長時間讓自己備受折磨的話。祝你早日康復。如喜錯過紐約的春天就太遺憾了。
Kathleen: Thank you for the daisies.
凱瑟琳:謝謝你的雛菊。