Selected Scene 2
場景2
Laszlo: Monsieur Blame, I wonder if I could talk to you?
拉茲洛:布萊思先生,可以跟你談談嗎?
Rick: Go ahead.
里克:談吧!
Laszlo: Well, is there some other place? It is rather confidential, what I have to say.
拉茲洛:嗯,有沒有其他的地方?我要說的事情相當機密。
Rick: Come up to my office.
里克:那到我辦公室吧。
Laszlo: You must know that it's very important I get out of Casablanca. All right. But it's my privilege to be one of the leaders of the great movement. You know what I have been doing. You know what it means to the work, to the lives of thousands and thousands of people that I should be free to reach America and continue my work.
拉茲洛:好吧。你應該知道我離開卡薩布蘭卡是相當重要的,我有幸成為偉大運動的領導人之一。你知道我所從事的事業。七知道這項事業意味著什么,為了成千上萬人們的生命,我應該自由抵達美國,并繼續我的事業。
Rick: I'm not interested in politics. The problems of the world are not in my department. I'm a saloon keeper.
里克:我對政治不感興趣,世界的問題不屬于我管,我只是一個夜總會的老板。
Laszlo: That wasn't always your attitude.
拉茲洛:這并不是你一貫的態度。
Rick: Wasn't it?
里克:是嗎?
Laszlo: My friends in the underground tell me that you have quite a record. You ran guns to Ethiopia. You fought against the Fascists in Spain.
拉茲洛:地下組織的朋友告訴我你的記錄挺不錯:你曾經向埃塞俄比亞運送過槍支,你在西班牙時同法西斯戰斗過。
Rick: What of it?
里克:那又怎樣?
Laszlo: Isn't it strange that you always happened to be fighting on the side of the underdog?
拉茲洛:你總是碰巧為受壓迫者而戰,這不是很奇怪嗎?
Rick: Yes, I found that an expensive hobby, too. But then I never was much of a businessman.
里克:不,我還發現這是個挺花錢的嗜好。那時我絕不是個好商人。
Laszlo: Are you enough of a businessman to appreciate an offer of 100, 000 francs?
拉茲洛:你是否是個十足的商人就看你對10萬法郎的價格是否滿意?
Rick:I appreciate it but I don't accept it.
里克:我當然滿意,但我不會接受。
Laszlo: I'll raise it t0 200, 000.
拉茲洛:我把價碼提到20萬。
Rick: My friend, you can make it a million francs or three. My answer would still be the same.
里克:朋友,你可以提到100萬或是300萬法郎,我的答案還是一樣。
Laszlo: There must be some reason why you won't let me have them.
拉茲洛:你不讓我得到通行證一定有什么原因吧!
Rick: There is. I suggest that you ask your wife.
里克:確實有,我建議你去問問你妻子。
Laszlo: I beg your pardon?
拉茲洛:對不起,請再說一遍。
Rick: I said, ask your wife.
里克:我是說,去問問你的妻子。
Laszlo: My wife?
拉茲洛:我妻子?
Rick: Yes.
里克:是的。