Once there's wine involved.
等哪天他喝醉了吧。
So what does your wee brother do back home?
你的小兄弟在家干什么呢?
He is parish priest.
他是個教區牧師。
He's a sneaky wee bastard. You know the sort, Bobby.
他是個小混蛋,那種人你很了解的,鮑比。
Still goes poaching.
他還在偷東西?
Poaching jobs.
偷人的飯碗。
And he's younger than me by 8 years all right.
他比我整整年輕8歲。
Go on.
繼續。
As a clergic, I work in a parish beside Kilrea. We hold the place...working my ass off.
做為一個教士,我在克里蘭附近的教區工作,我們主持那里的工作……干得任勞任怨。
Escorting the elderly, mobile confession.
照顧老人,接受懺悔。
The glamorous stuff. -Oh, aye.
冠冕堂皇的活兒 - 噢 是啊。
So, anyway, the position comes up in Kilrea. -Right.
總之,終于克里蘭有了空缺。 - 嗯。
And I'm passed over for some reason or other. No reason, probably.
我卻因為什么原因落選了,也可能根本沒有原因。
For taking too much cake off the ladies. -Probably.
是不是因為對女士的關心太多了?- 也許吧。
So?
所以?
So five years later the position again comes up back in Kilrea...and my brother Michael waltzes right in to it.
所以五年之后,克里蘭又有了空缺,而我的兄弟邁克爾就那么當上了。
Fuck.
操。
He is made parish priest at 28.
他在28歲就當上了教區牧師。
More spiritual probably. Less liberal than you.
可能更崇高純潔吧,比起你更守教條。
He worked the bishop. He's a golfer.
他做主教,還是個高爾夫球手。
He's a pushy little twirp, that's what he is.
他是個愛出風頭的討厭鬼,他就是這樣。
At least you're not bitter.
起碼你不是。
Oh no, I couldn't be that.
噢,不,我不會那樣。
Parish priest at 28? Fantastic.
28歲當上教區牧師,厲害。
He has two cars. And the house he has is the most. He has a maid, a cook.
他有兩輛車。還有一棟大房子,女仆和一個廚子。
I'm stuck in a two up two down. with a fat Kerry man who drones on and on about Gaelic football.
我卻窩在個兩層的小民房里。同住的是個肥肥的黑佬,總是大談特談凱爾特人足球隊。
Can we stop talking about that?
我們能不談這個嗎?
Jesus. You're the one who's talking.
上帝啊,是你在一直說。
How's your smoke going? -Grand.
你抽得感覺如何?- 很好。
Filthy habit. Disgusting.
壞習慣,很討厭。
Oh, yeah, awful. Lovely, though.
哦,是的,是很糟糕,但我喜歡。
Aye. Praise the Lord.
是啊,我的主啊。
28. My God!
28歲,我的天啊!
Oh, stop it.
噢,別說了。
So, what happened to your eye, Bobby?
你的眼睛怎么了,鮑比?
What?
什么?
You gonna do it for yourself, right?
你會為自己堅持下去,對嗎?
Difference of opinion.
觀念不一樣。
How's the other fellow?
其他人怎么樣?
A lot worse. Believe me.
更糟糕,相信我。
So, what did you call me here for?
那么,你讓我來干什么?
Why, was that the issue you were trying to avoid?
為什么,你不是不想往那上面談嗎?
Priest etiquette. Start with the small talk.
牧師職責,從小事開始談起。
I'm learning a lot about the priesthood, Don.
我今天學到了很多關于牧師的事,閣下。
-You'd make a fine priest. -Why?
你會是個好牧師。- 為什么?
Good talker. Man of principles. A leader of men.
很會談話,很有原則,很有領導力。
A political terrorist.
但是個政治犯。
The church loves a reformed crook. -Aye.
教會喜歡改過自新的人。- 是啊。