1、taste
味道;口味
I like the taste of wine and enjoy trying different kinds.
我喜歡葡萄酒的味道,喜歡品嘗不同的口味。
The taste of blood in her throat made her want to vomit.
她嗓子里的血腥味讓她直惡心。
(品嘗的)少量,一點,一小口
We have a taste of the white wine he's brought.
我們嘗了嘗他帶來的白葡萄酒。
有…的味道
I drank a cup of tea that tasted of diesel.
我喝了杯有股柴油味的茶。
It tastes like chocolate.
它吃起來像巧克力。
嘗;品嘗
He finished his aperitif and tasted the wine the waiter had produced.
他喝完開胃酒,又嘗了點侍者端來的葡萄酒。
Before proceeding any further, cut off a small bit of the meat and taste it.
在進行下一步之前,先切一小塊肉嘗嘗。
2、come up
走近;走到跟前
Her cat came up and rubbed itself against their legs.
她的貓跑上前來,在他們腿上蹭來蹭去。
He came up to me and said: 'Come on, John.'
他走到我跟前說:“快點,約翰。”
被提及;被討論
The subject came up during a pre-dinner drink with our guests.
在與客人喝餐前酒的時候,有人提到了這個話題。
Jeane Kirkpatrick's name has come up a lot.
珍妮·柯克帕特里克的名字被多次提到。
即將發生;即將到來
Plan your activities so that you are rested and refreshed when something important is coming up.
做好日常規劃,這樣一旦發生大事,才能夠從容不迫。
We do have elections coming up.
我們的確將要進行選舉。
突然發生
I was delayed — something came up at home.
我耽擱了些時候——家里出了點事。
Other projects came up and the emphasis of my work altered.
突然來了一些其他的項目,我的工作重點便轉移了。