Desperate Housewives,《絕望的主婦》
A:Yeah, I'd loan you the money myself, but Edie and I just plopped down our savings in a ski condo and...
甲:我本來可以自己借錢給你,可艾迪和我已經把積蓄都花在一間滑雪公寓上了…
B:I don't need a loan.I need coverage.I mean, what if there are complications? I don't have a safety net.Oh, my god, please!
乙:我不需要借錢。我需要保險。我的意思是,如果有并發癥該怎么辦?我連一點保 障也沒有。哦,我的天哪,求你了!
A:What in the hell are you doing?
甲:你到底在干嗎?
B:I'm saying a little prayer.
乙:我在祈禱。
A:Oh, for puke's sake...
甲:啊,惡心死了…
B:Well, what? I'm desperate here.Do you have any other ideas?
乙:怎么?我已經走投無路了。你還有其他辦法嗎?
A:As a matter of fact, I do.What you need is a husband.
甲:其實,我有辦法,你需要的,是個丈夫。
B:(scoffs)What?
乙:(嘲笑地說)什么?
A:The only way to get a good health plan is to marry into one.
甲:獲得健康規劃的唯一辦法就是嫁人。
B:Edie, come on.
乙:艾迪,拜托。
A:No, no, I think she's onto something.
甲:別,別,我覺得她說得挺有道理的。
B:Yeah.If we find a guy with the right plan, you could have a sham wedding on a Monday night and be fully covered Tuesday morning.
乙:是啊,如果我們找到了合適人選,你周一晚上就可以有一個假婚禮,周二就有醫保了。