The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》
A:So you're a little behind on your bills.
甲:你手頭有點緊。
B:Everybody gets behind on their bills. Yeah, I know, it's just, this wasn't the plan. It wasn't supposed to go this way.
乙:付不起賬單嘛。人人都有這樣的時候。是,我知道。只是…計劃不是這樣的,本來不該這樣的嘛。
A:Well, what was the plan?
甲:你的計劃是什么樣的?
B:Um, waitress for six months, and then become a movie star.
乙:做6個月服務員,然后成為電影明星。
A:Was there a plan B?
甲:有沒有備選計劃呢?
B:TV star.
乙:電視明星。
A:It's probably not as bad as you think. Let's take a look. Maybe we can find some comers to cut.Oh, here's something. If you don't have electricity, then you probably don't need cable. Just a suggestion. $170 dollars for acting classes?
甲:或許沒你想的那么糟。我們來看看,也許能找出可以省錢的地方呢。哦,比如這個,你要是不通電的話,也就用不上有線電視了。我只是提議而已。170美元的表演課?
B:Oh,no, I can't give up my acting classes. I'm a professional actress.
乙:噢,不行,表演課絕對不能省。我是一名職業演員。
A:You've had an acting job where you got paid?
甲:你有進賬的表演工作了?
B:That is not the definition of professional.
乙:職業不是這么定義的。