Desperate Housewives,《絕望的主婦》
A:You know,Phyllis,we cannot thank you enough for accepting our apology.
甲:你知道嗎,菲利斯,非常感謝你能接受我們的道歉。
B:Well, I think we should try to stay on good terms for Danielle's sake.I'm glad you suggested that we eat out here. I never think to do this.
乙:我覺得我們應該一團和氣,多為丹妮爾著想。我很高興你提議在外面聚餐, 我從來沒想過會這樣。
A:Oh, dam, I forgot the napkins.
甲:哦,糟糕,我忘記帶紙巾了。
B:Oh, no problem. I'll go get some.
乙:哦,沒關系,我去拿。
A:So now that we have a moment alone, your mother and I would like to say how proud we are of you.
甲:我們現在可以單獨談談了。你媽媽和我想說的是我們為你感到驕傲。
B:Yeah,right.
乙:嗯,才怪。
A:Seriously, we hadn't realized you'd matured enough to take on the of motherhood all by yourself.
甲:說真的,我們沒想到你能成熟到愿意獨自承擔撫養孩子的重擔。
B:Well, grandma's gonna help.
乙:外婆會幫忙的。
A:She'll do what she can, but you mustn't overtax her. Her heart is not very strong.
甲:她會盡力幫忙,但你不能太累著她了。她的心臟不太好。
B:She seems fine to me.
乙:我覺得她看起很好的。