Hey, honey. Can we talk about something?
嗨,寶貝.我能和你講些事情嗎?
Sure.
當然可以.
So, I've been thinking about the whole baby thing.
我一直在想小孩的事。
And however long it takes for you to feel ready, I am fine with.
你覺得要多久時間來考慮都可以,我沒問題。
Okay.
好的.
But here's the deal. I need to know that this isn't a maybe.
但是情況是這樣的--我想確認我們一定會生個孩子,而不是“也許”。
I want a promise that we will have children.
我要你答應我,我們一定會生個孩子。
I am sorry. I can't promise that.
我很抱歉.我不能這樣答應你.
Why not?
為什么不?
Because I can't say that I am gonna wake up tomorrow and suddenly wanna do something that I swore my entire life I would never do.
因為我不能假定我明早一起床,就想做一件會改變我人生的事,我永遠都不想這樣。
'Maybe' is a very big step for me.
“也許”對我來說已經是個很大的一步。
Yeah, well, it isn't big enough for me.
是嗎,但是,對于我來說還不夠大。
Well, I am sorry, but you're just gonna have to accept it. There's nothing else you can do.
這樣子,我很抱歉,但是你必須得接受這一點,你還能怎么樣?
That isn't necessarily true.
這倒不是真的?
Excuse me?
你說什么?
You are threatening me with an annulment? Thatconniving little bitch put you up to this, didn't she?
婚姻判決無效,你用判決無效婚姻來威脅我?那個陰險的小賤人教你這樣講的,對吧?
Didn't she?
是她嗎?
This fight could be over right now ifyou'd just make me a promise.
如果你愿意給個承諾我,我們現在就根本不用吵架。
The only promise I am making you is that this is so not over.
我現在可以向你承諾的是,這件事沒完。