Most days at school were usually the same.
學校里的日子大多千篇一律
I got there at the same time,
每天同一時刻到那里
I saw the same kids.
遇見同樣的小孩
Hey,Chris. Hey,Greg.
嘿 Chris 嘿 Greg
Hey,Ebony.
嘿 黑鬼
Ivory.
白鬼
And I took the same classes with the same teachers.
上同一個老師教的同樣的課
So did you hear?
聽說了沒?
Ms. Morello's gonna be gone for,like,two or three weeks.
Morello老師要離開兩三周
What?
什么?
Yeah. She went on a trip to Africa
是的 她要去非洲
to help fight off an outbreak of yellow fever.
幫助當地人預防黃熱病
It was more like she went to Harlem to fight off
聽著更像是去Harlem區 (Harlem 紐約黑人區)
an outbreak of jungle fever.
阻止叢林熱的爆發
With Ms. Morello gone,
Morello老師走后
we had every kind of substitute imaginable.
我們迎來了能想象得到的各種代課老師
We had out-of-work actors...
其中有失業的演員
"To be... or not to be.
生存 還是死亡
That... is the question."
這是個問題...
we had out-of-work dancers...
有失業的舞蹈演員
Can one of you kids get that bucket of water and throw it on me?
誰能把那桶水澆我身上嗎?
...and,sometimes,we had out-of-work teachers.
有時也有失業的老師
Enjoy this while you still can,
人生得意須盡歡 莫使金樽空對月
'cause,believe me,
因為 相信我
it's all downhill from here.
酒正慢慢流進肚呢
We'd had just about every type of sub we could thk of...
以往的代課老師多種多樣
...except one a black sub.
除了 黑人代課老師
Good morning. I'm Mr. Newton.
早上好 我是Newton老師
More like Mr. Tibbs.
聽著像Tibbs先生(某影片中黑人偵探名)
What's your name? Joey Caruso.
你叫什么名字? Joey Caruso
And you're making fun of me because I'm black?
你因為我是黑人而嘲笑我嗎?
Yeah,you big dummy.
是的 大笨蛋
He does it to me every y.
他每天都這樣對我
No,sir. Sounds like it to .
老師 我沒有 我看起來像是
Sorry.
對不起
If you want to make fun of me,fine.
如果你想嘲笑我 可以啊
But make fun of me for what I do,not how I look.
但嘲笑我的所作所為而不是我的外貌
You don't see me making fun of you
我可沒嘲笑你像
because you look like a Brooklyn Beach Barney Rubble.
Brooklyn海灘上的Barney Rubble (摩登原始人中人物 個子矮)
No,sir.
沒有 老師
This black sub is a bad mother...
這個黑人代課老師真拽
Shut your mouth!
閉嘴