Mama, can we get these?
媽媽,能買這些嗎?
No, we've already got peanut butter and jelly.
不行,咱們已經拿了花生醬啦
Ma, I hate that stuff. It tastes like concrete.
媽,我討厭那玩意兒 跟混凝土一個味道
Ring it up, please.
來一瓶,謝謝
When I was a kid, my dad would try
當我還是個孩子, 我老爸總是想盡一切辦法
to save money any way he could,
能省就省!
so when my mother went shopping, he had one rule:
于是他對我媽買東西立了個規矩:
No name brands.
不要名牌!
So instead of Fruit Loops, Cheerios, or Frosted Flakes,
所以不能買Fruit Loops, Cheerios,或者Frosted Flakes (三種名牌麥片)
we got...
我們買...
"Cereal"?
"蕎麥片"?
What is this stuff?
這是啥玩意啊?
Is it oats? Is it flakes?
是燕麥片嗎?是片兒的嗎?
Is there a prize inside?
里面有獎品嗎?
The prize is you don't starve to death.
獎品就是讓你不至于餓死
Ring it up.
來一袋
And instead of Oreos, Ginger Snaps,
還有不能買奧力奧,姜汁餅干,
or Chips Ahoy, we got...
或者Chips Ahoy(巧克力曲奇餅干罐), 我們買...
"Cookie"?
"餅干"?
That's right, Cookie.
沒錯,餅干!
Not Cookies, Cookie.
不是一袋,而是一塊!
A big bag with one cookie in it.
這么大袋子里面就裝一塊
Ooh, Mama, can I have some cookie?
哦,媽媽,我能吃點兒餅干嗎?
Yeah, but only two bites.
吃吧,但只能啃兩口
Don't suck out all the chips like you did last time.
別像上次那樣啃的到處都是渣兒
When it came to soap,
輪到說肥皂了,
instead of Zest, Dial, or Coast, we got...
不能買激爽,Dial,或是海洋香皂, 我們買...
Camay?
佳美香皂?(Camay,美國一品牌)
Do you have a problem with that?
你有什么意見嗎?
Ring it up.
來一塊
My mother could save money a lot of places
我老媽能在很多地方省錢
but not on her ass.
但絕不能省在她自己身上
Partner science project are due Friday,
兩人一組的科學實驗周五交
so decide who you want to work with,
現在選出你的搭檔,
sign the sheet as it comes around.
輪流寫在紙上
Back off! One at a time.
別擠! 一個一個來!
Quietly.
安靜點
Hey, Greg.
嘿, Greg
You want to do a project together?
想和我一起做實驗嗎?
I don't know.
我不知道
I had a couple ideas I was already working on.
我腦子里已經有主意了, 都開始動手了
I wanted to work with Greg
我想和Greg搭檔
because my last science project didn't go so well.
因為上次我的實驗做的沒那么順利
Chris!
Chris!
Would you get these damn ants out of here!
趕緊把這些該死的螞蟻趕走!
James Brown stole that whole "ants in my pants" idea
James Brown的那首"我褲子里滿是螞蟻" (黑人歌星)
from my father.
肯定是從我老爸那兒偷的點子
Come on, man... who else will partner with me?
拜托,哥們...除了你還誰愿意和我搭檔呀?
Chris, it's not that I don't want to be your partner.
Chris,不是我不愿意和你搭檔
It's just I take my science very seriously.
只是我做實驗很認真
Yeah, but, you know, we could still have fun.
當然,可你知道,還有很多樂趣
We're talking about science, Chris, so you got to decide,
我們說的這是科學, Chris,所以你得做個決定
do you want to have fun, or you want to win?
你是想要樂趣,還是想要勝利?
Hell, I just wanted to pass.
該死,我只想要及格!
Rochelle! Rochelle!
Rochelle! Rochelle!
I'm in here, baby!
我就在這兒哪,寶貝!
You are never going to believe what happened.
你肯定不會相信剛剛所發生的
What?
什么啊?
Hah!
哈!
Bah-yah!
吧耶!
That's $200-worth of food stamps.
這是面值200美元的糧票 (food stamp:美國黑人特有的救濟糧票)
Where did you get food stamps from, Julius?
你從哪得到這些糧票的, Julius?
I found them.
我撿的!
From the time he was a kid to the time he was an adult,
從他還是個孩子到他長成大人
my father loved to find money.
我老爸一直最愛撿錢
Mom! Mom! Mom! I found a quarter.
媽媽!媽媽!媽媽! 我撿到了兩毛五
I love you, quarter.
我愛你,兩毛五
I'm gonna keep you and name you Bernard.
我要一直帶著你,命名你為Bernard
It's a boy!
是個男孩!
I found a dollar
我撿了一塊錢!
That's not even my mother.
躺著那個甚至不是我老媽!
Look at this.
看看這個
Wha... What's wrong?
怎...怎么啦?
Julius, you know I hate using food stamps.
Julius,你知道我討厭使糧票
My mother hated using food stamps
我老媽討厭使糧票
because she was a ghetto snob.
因為她是個勢力眼
And sometimes using food stamps could be a little embarrassing.
而使用糧票有時會讓她有點難堪
That'll be 79 cent.
一共79美分
Ten, 20, 30, 40, 50...
10, 20, 30, 40, 50...
My mother would have felt better just robbing the place.
馬上打劫了這店可能讓我媽感覺好些
Does anybody have change for a fifty-cent bill?
有人能破開50分嗎?
Rochelle, money is money.
Rochelle,錢就是錢!
Cash, food stamps-- what's the difference?
現金,糧票... 有什么區別?
Because I don't want to have to curse nobody out.
因為我不希望詛咒任何人
What?!
啥?!
Julius, when I pull out food stamps,
Julius,當我拿出糧票,
people look at me like I ain't got no husband.
人們看我的眼神就像我沒老公一樣
They talk to me
他們議論我
like I ain't got no sense.
就像我沒感覺一樣
They treat me like I ain't got no class.
他們對待我就像我沒素質一樣
and if somebody treats me like that, I'm gonna curse them out!
要是有人敢對我這樣, 我就要詛咒他們!
$200 is $200.
200元就是200元
If you don't go to shop with it, or I am.
要是你不想拿它去買東西, 就我去
And you don't want me to go shopping.
你不想我去吧?
My father figured out that the only food
我老爸領悟到 唯一比普通食品便宜的
cheaper than generic food was damaged food.
就只有殘次品
Fine.
好吧
Since we got the extra cash, can you give me $20,
既然我們有了多余的現金, 能給我20美元嗎
so I could get my hair done?
我去弄弄頭發?
Can you do it yourself?
你能自己弄嗎?
Sure, baby, you go ahead.
當然行,寶貝,去做頭吧
You look good.
你真漂亮!
$200, man!
200大洋,棒!