
Not stick to the original?
不照著劇本演?
Not stick to the exquisite words of Mr. George Bernard Shaw?
不照著喬治?伯納德?肖的 高雅的詞句演?
We're not English, and this isn't the 19th century,
我們又不是英國人, 況且現在也不是19世紀了
so I think we should adapt the classics to reflect our times.
所以我覺得應該改編 一下以反映我們的時代
They're classics because they're classic.
經典就是經典
Then I told her about my idea
然后我跟她說了我的想法
to move the location to present-day New York
把故事發生的地點 改為今天的紐約
and make Eliza a checkout girl.
把伊萊扎改成一位收銀小姐
You're gonna be playing Eliza?
你打算扮演伊萊扎嗎?
Well, of course.
是啊,那是當然
I've already got the part.
我已經說好了
I really felt that a legend was about to be born.
我真的感到一個傳奇 就要誕生了
When I moved to Deadwood,
當我來到死亡叢林的時候
Was Carla Santini going to stand in the way of that birth?
難道卡拉?桑提提要擋在路中央, 阻止這一切的發生嗎?
Miss Baggoli, Miss Baggoli!
巴格麗女士,巴格麗女士!
I didn't know "Pygmalion" had already been cast.
我不知道《皮格馬利翁》 已經分配好角色了
I would have loved to be Eliza Doolittle.
我可以來扮演 伊萊扎?杜利特爾
Maybe if I could just prove it to you now.
我現在就可以 證明給你看
Oh, no, no, Lola.
哦,不,不,洛拉
Auditions are not until Friday.
預選到周五才會結束
I just put the notice up on the board.
我已經在公告板 上貼出通知了
Thank you, Miss Baggoli.
謝謝,巴格麗女士
George Bernard Shaw is a great playwright.
喬治?伯納德?肖是一位 偉大的劇作家