
And he's also a vegetarian.
他也是一個素食主義者
You're just in time, Lola.
你正好趕趟,洛拉
Quickly.
快
I'm telling all the others about this idea that I have had
我正在向其他人介紹 關于
for our production of "Pygmalion."
《皮格馬利翁》的一些想法
Now, as you know, "Pygmalion" is a play
大家都知道, 《皮格馬利翁》
which takes place in old-timey London.
是發生在舊時的倫敦 的一個故事
My idea is that we will set our production of "Pygmalion"
我認為我們排演的《皮格馬利翁》
in modern-day New York.
應該發生在現代的紐約
And Eliza will be a checkout girl at a supermarket,
相應的, 伊萊扎變成一個超市的收銀小姐
And Professor Higgins will be a professor at NYU.
希金斯教授變成紐約大學的教授
That is such a brilliant idea.
這個主意太好了
That's gonna give the play new resonance
這將給這出戲帶來 新的反響
and immediacy for today.
并顯得更貼近現代
You mean it was your idea?
你是說這是你的主意嗎?
Yes, Lola, it's my idea.
對,洛拉,這是我的主意
I know I'm just a teacher, but I am capable of thought.
我知道我只是一名普通的教師, 但我有足夠的能力進行思考
Now, since we're going hip and modern,
為了顯得更加時髦
I have also added contemporary songs.
我還加了一些當代的歌曲
And I am calling it "Eliza Rocks"!
我準備稱之為 “伊萊扎搖滾”!
Now, each of you will be singing a song for me of your choice,
現在,你們每個人 選一首歌唱
and then you'll be reading a scene for me.
然后再選一小段讀給我聽