
I remember thinking at the time
我總是一直在想
that so many of the men that I admired most
我所欣賞的大部分人
that their lives were dedicated to something greater than themselves.
他們都為某些事情做出了犧牲
So you got married because men you admired were married?
所以你結婚是因為你欣賞的人都結婚了?
No, no. It's more like I had this-- This idea of my best self, you know?
不,不,是我的主意?
And I wanted to pursue that
我想做個高尚的人
even if it might have been overriding my honest self.
即使不是自己的真實愿望
You know what I'm saying?
你知道我在說什么嗎?
In the moment, I remember thinking it didn't much matter, the who of it all.
那一刻,我覺得是誰并不重要
I mean, that nobody is gonna be everything to you
我的意思是說, 沒有一個人可以意味著全部
and that it's just the action of committing yourself
只是自己的一種承諾
you know, meeting your responsibilities, that matters.
自己應該負起的責任,這才是重要的
I mean, what is love, right, if it's not respect, trust, admiration?
就是說,愛難道不是尊重、信任、欽仰么?
And l-- I felt all those things.
所有這些我都感覺到了
Cut to the present, and I feel like I'm running a nursery
回到現實, 我感覺自己是和以前的愛人
with somebody I used to date, you know.
在開托兒所
I mean, I'm like a monk, you know.
就是說我感覺自己像修道士
I mean, I've had sex less than 1 0 times in the last four years.
我的意思是說這4年來我只有過不到10次性生活