
Why didn't we do that?
為什么我們不這么做?
Because we were young and stupid.
因為我們年輕,傻傻的
Do you think we still are?
你覺得我們現在也是么?
I guess when you're young you just believe...
我想年輕的時候, 你總會相信...
...there'll be many people you'll connect with. ...
你會遇到很多知心愛人
Later in life you realize it only happens a few times.
然后在生活中你就會發現這很少發生
And you can screw it up, you know. Misconnect.
然后你就隨便找一個湊合
The past is the past. It was meant to be that way.
過去了就是過去了
You really believe that? That everything's fated?
你真的相信命中注定?
Well, you know, the world might be less free than we think.
要知道這個世界不如我們想象的自由
Yeah?
是?
When given these exact circumstances, that's what will happen every time.
當環境確定好了后, 就一定會發生
Two part hydrogen, one part oxygen, you'll get water every time.
2部分氫元素加1部分氧元素, 你就會得到水
No, I mean, what if your grandmother had lived a week longer, you know?
不,我的意思是說如果你祖母在多活一個星期?
Or passed away a week earlier? Days, even?
或者早一個星期過世?
Things might have been different.
事情可能就都不一樣了
You can't think like that, it's-- -You shouldn't on most things, but....
你不能這么想-- -你不能決定多數事....
It's just, on this one, it seemed like something was off, you know.
只是感覺在這件事上患得患失