Hey! Okay! Well thanks for coming out to see me. I just-I just thought it would be a very good idea to talk about this baby stuff in person. Y’know…
嘿! 嗯,謝謝你來見我. 我只是-我很高興能以我的親身經歷和你聊聊生兒育女的事情
Okay.
好吧.
I really don’t think it’s a very good idea, Phoebe.
Phoebe,我真的認為你不應該那么做.
Why not?
為什么呢?
Well, because you’d be giving up a baby, and I-I really don’t—
嗯, 因為你將要把孩子送交給別人, 怎么和你說呢...
I don’t know if there’s anything I can say that could make you understand the pain of giving up a baby.
我不知道怎么說才能讓你理解放棄孩子時的那份痛楚,
Oh no! No-no! I understand the pain! Don’t-don’t hurt the puppy.
喔,不!不-不!我理解那痛的感覺! 別,別傷害這個小狗.
No-no-no, the-the puppy’s yours.
不-不, 這個小狗是你的啦.
Oh, I get a puppy!!
哈哈, 我有小狗了!!
Well, yeah! I mean yeah, but only for three days.
嗯, 對! 是的,但只是3天.
Why?
為什么?
I realise I don’t have any right to start get all parenty on you and everything now,
我知道我沒有權利像母親一樣管你,
Phoebe, would you please look at me and not the puppy, it’s very important.
喂Phoebe, 你能不能先聽我說,而不是玩小狗, 這事非常重要.
Okay.
好.
I mean, I know what I’m talking about. I gave up two babies,
我是說,我知道自己以前做了什么,我拋棄了2個孩子,
and I only wish I had someone there that had given up babies, that could tell me how terrible it is to give up babies.
而且我真的希望當時身邊有個拋棄過孩子的人可以告訴我拋棄孩子的感覺是多么的糟糕.
I really shouldn't have given you the puppy first.
我真不應該先給你小狗..
That's okay. No, we're listening.
沒事,不,我們在聽
I just think that, it would be something you will regret every single day for the rest of your life.
我只是在想,那么做的后果將會是遺恨終生..
So, how ever hard it is to give up this puppy, it would be like a million times harder to give up a child.
因此,不管你要放棄這個狗有多么的難,放棄一個孩子要比那難上一萬倍.
Okay, fair enough. Three days.
三天,很公平