Since her first day on the job, it had been clear to Lynette Scavo that her new boss, Nina, was unusually tense.
自從第一天開始,Lynette Scavo就清楚的知道,她的新老板Nina,神經過分緊張。
To help relieve her tension Lynette tried giving her boss thoughtful gifts.
為了幫她緩解,Lynette嘗試過送老板心滿意足的禮物。
A soothing wave machine…
緩解壓力的波浪機。
Aromatherapy candles…
熏香蠟燭。
Even meditative chi balls.
甚至太極健身球。
But nothing seemed to ease Nina’s tension.
但似乎沒有什么能讓Nina緩解。
Distilled the old-fashioned way? Do you know, it actually hurts my teeth to say that out loud.
蒸餾傳統?知道么?我大聲讀出來都會傷到牙。
You folks are going to toddle back to your little holes and you are gonna come up with a decent slogan
你們幾個給我爬回各自的窩,,想出一個得體的標語,
or I will can all your asses the old-fashioned way!
不然我就按"傳統"不開你們的薪。
Until one day, when it occurred to Lynette there was one form of relaxation she had yet to try.
直到有一天,Lynette才想到,有一種放松的方法她還沒嘗試。
It’s a gimlet. You’ll love it.
這酒叫螺絲錐,你喜歡嗎?
What exactly is your plan here? To get me all liquored up so I’d buy the revised pitch?
你到底想干什么?把我灌醉了讓我同意你的修訂方案?
Don’t be ridiculous. Could we get a trough of these please?
別逗了,能給我們來一槽子這種酒么?
I can’t remember the last time I was in a bar. Must have been the last time I had a boyfriend, which was, oh god, I’m a nun.
都不記得我上次泡酒吧是什么時候了,應該是我和最后一個男友在一起時,那就應該是,天哪!我都成修女了。
So why don’t you go out and get in the game?
那你干嘛不找一個呢?
Believe it or not, when it comes to meeting men, I am shy.
信不信由你,跟男人搭訕我總是害羞。
Well, I’m not. So, uh, what about that guy over there? He’s been checking you out since we walked in.
我不害羞阿,那么,那邊那個人怎么樣?我們一進來他就一直瞄著你。
He’s cute.
挺帥。
So, go over there.
那就過去阿。
No.
不去。
Oh, for god’s sakes.
哦,你可真是。
Where are you going? Lynette. Sit!
你干嘛去?Lynette? 坐!
Hey, Stretch. See my friend over there? She thinks you’re cute.
嗨!高個兒,看見我那邊的朋友了么?她覺得你很帥。
Why don’t you buy her a drink?
請她喝一杯吧。
Hey, everyone. Hi. Oh, it’s a beautiful morning, isn’t it?
嗨!大伙,早哦!早晨的天氣不錯是吧。
Thank you, sweetie. Oh, hey, Lynette. I read the new vodka proposal. Oh, you guys hit it out of the park!
謝謝!甜心,哦,早Lynette,我看了伏特加新的策劃。哦!可真有你們的。
Wow.
喔!
I like that color.
顏色真漂亮。
Thanks. Hey, Nina.
謝謝,嘿!Nina。
Yeah?
干嘛?
And although it had come about in an unexpected manner…
雖然結果是Nina的舉止出人意料…
Are those the same clothes you were wearing last night in the bar?
這套衣服是不是你昨晚酒吧里那套?
Yep!
對極了。
...Nina’s tension had finally been released… the old-fashioned way!
Nina的緊張終于被最傳統的方法解決了。