Everyone in this world needs someone they can depend upon.
世界上的每一個人都需要有人依靠。
Be it a faithful companion.
一個可靠的陪護。
Trusted confidant.
信賴的知己。
Or loyal friend.
或者忠誠的朋友。
For Susan Mayer, that dependable someone was her book agent, Lonnie Moon.
對Susan Mayer來說,她最信任的人是她的出版經紀人,Lonnie Moon。
It was Lonnie who helped Susan promote her first children’s book.
是Lonnie幫Susan出版她第一本兒童讀物。
It was Lonnie who rushed Susan to the hospital the night Julie was born.
是Lonnie在Julie出生那晚送Susan去醫院。
It was Lonnie who took Susan’s mind off her painful divorce with a fun vacation.
是Lonnie帶Susan旅行散心,讓她忘掉痛苦的離婚。
Yes, Lonnie was Susan’s rock. Sadly for Susan, her rock was about to crumble.
是啊。Lonny是Susan的支柱。但是不幸地是,她的支柱就快倒了。
For those of you just joining us, we have a new development on the Melanie Foster case.
剛剛轉過臺的觀眾, Melanie Foster的案子有了新的進展。
Lonnie. What are you doing here?
Lonny 你怎么來了?
It’s past noon, which now means it is now socially acceptable to start drinking.
中午過了,這說明喝酒已經符合社交禮儀了。
I can’t believe I let you talk me into this. I am so behind in my work. But I’m glad I came. This is fun.
我怎么就被你勸服了呢?我的進度已經落后了,但還是很高興我來了,我很開心。
I've gotta be honest. I had an ulterior motive.
跟你實話實說,我是有求而來。
Oh?
哦?
I’ve decided to start my own agency.
我決定開辦自己的公司。
You’re leaving Muir and Hunt? You helped build that place.
你要離開Muir & Hunt? 那兒是你一手操辦起來的。
I know, but I just feel it’s time. And now the question is, will you come with me?
我知道,但我想是時候了。現在的問題是,你要來我這邊么?
Well, of course.
唔,當然。
Okay. To the future.
好,為未來干杯。
I’ll just call the agency and let them know I’m going with you.
我要給公司打個電話,告訴他們我跟你干了。
Oh, I don’t think that necessary.
哦,我想沒有這個必要。
Really? Ah, I think it might be rude not to. Lonnie, what’s going on?
是么?要是不的話太沒禮貌了,Lonny 到底怎么了?
Okay. There’s been some bad blood between me and the partners.
好吧,我和公司其他人搞得很僵。
Why?
為什么?
I got into this thing where I had to move a little client money around temporarily to cover some expenses.
我把客戶的錢臨時挪用到別的花銷上了。
You had to move money? What does that mean?
你挪用錢了?什么意思?
I took a little from here and I moved it there. It was no big deal.
我從這拿一些添到別的賬上,沒什么大不了的。
Really? Because it sorta sounds like embezzlement.
是么?聽起來似乎是盜用公款。
Why do people keep using that word?
怎么你們都這么說?
Who else is using that word?
還誰這么說了?
Nobody. The partners and their forensic accountants.
沒人,同事還有法庭的會計他們。
Oh, my god. Lonnie, did you move some of my money?
哦天哪,Lonny 你挪用過我的錢么?
Absolutely not! I swear! Susan, don’t look at me that way.
絕對沒有,我發誓,Susan 別這么看著我,
I know what I did was wrong and I feel like a complete idiot for doing it, but please, please don’t hate me.
我知道我做得不對,我覺得自己很愚蠢,但求求你,求求你不要恨我。
Well, I don’t hate you. I couldn’t hate you. You’re my Lonnie.
我不恨你,我不會恨你的,你是我的Lonny。
So, will you still come with me?
那,你還到我那工作么?
You know what? This is one of those times when you find out who your real friends are, so yeah.
這是考驗誰是真朋友的時候,所以我答應你。
Oh, thank you, thank you. You are one special lady, Susan Mayer.
哦,謝謝,謝謝,你是位特別的女士 Susan Mayer。