But I also had something far more worrisome coming up:
另外一件煩惱的事接著來了:
My dress fitting.
我的衣著
Honey, while she does that, I think I'll take another look around.
趁著她幫你量度 我到周圍看看
Great. Thanks, Mom. You're welcome, dear.
好的, 謝謝媽媽 別客氣
I have to tell you something. It's important, and you can't tell anyone.
我要告訴你們一件很重要的事情 但是你們一定要保密
And that includes you.
包括你
I kissed Luke. You slut.
我吻了Luke 你個蕩婦
I should've seen this coming.
我就知道會發生這事
Did you sleep with him? Who's Luke?
跟他睡了沒有? 誰是Luke?
Look, it was just a kiss, and I stopped it.
聽著, 只是接吻 然后我就控制住了
Okay, so you're not interested in him, then. Ok,
這么說你并不是真的喜歡他
Sam? No, I'm not. Sam?
我沒有喜歡他
Nonrefundable, by the way. Turn.
不可饒恕, 轉過去
Wait, wait, wait. So have you told Ben? I said, the wedding's still on, didn't I?
等等, 告訴Ben了嗎? 我說過婚禮繼續, 記得嗎?
You're gonna tell him, right?
你準備告訴他, 對嗎?
Naive, sweet Anne. Anne,
你太天真了
Deception is the cornerstone of every relationship.
善意欺騙是維持關系的良藥
Otherwise it's just aprons, meat loaf, and, "How was your day, honey?"
否則生活就會變得很公式化 "親愛的, 你今天過得怎么樣?"
So having a life means opening up a kissing booth in the conference room?
在會議室發生這種事很正常的 對嗎?
I'm leaning towards honestyis the best policy route.
我傾向于老實交代
Leaning? Do you love him?
傾向于? 你愛他嗎?
Yes, of course. Absolutely. No question.
當然了, 絕對, 肯定
You realize the more you say that, the less sure you sound?
說得越多, 證明你心里沒有底 知道嗎?
I love Ben.
我愛Ben
Of course you do, dear, you're marrying him. What?
你當然愛他了, 你們準備結婚呢 發生什么事了?
Come on, Mom, will you help me into my dress?
沒事, 幫我挑衣服好嗎?
The time had come to present our ideas to Stone...
是時候給Stone交作業了
...which meant two things:
意味著兩件事:
My career was on the line, and I would have to see Luke again.
我的事業正式走上軌道 還有必須跟Luke見面