If you want a child properly educated,
如果你像一個孩子受到很好的教育
you’ve got to send them back home.
最好把他送回家
But you can’t be in two places at once.
但你又不能同時在兩個地方
And I thought it was my duty...
我想我的職責就是
to stay with Henry.
很亨利在一起
Yes.
是的
But they’ve done a terrific job on her.
可是他們在她身上的工作可令人害怕
We’re delighted.
我們很快樂
She knows all sorts of things.
她知道各種事情
And it means she’s turned out very self-sufficient, very capable.
這就意味著她變得的很自信 很能干
Exactly the sort of girl one wants to marry out here,
就像那種想嫁到這里的女孩
not some flimsy little miss who’s never left England.
而不是那種從沒有離開英國的小家碧玉
she’s ever so fond of you.
她相當的喜歡你
And of course...
當然
Well, she’s lovely, like you say.
是的 她很可愛 就像你說的
But I’m not sure that I...
但我還不確定我…
Love her?
愛她?
I don’t think I knew what love was when I was your age.
我想我在你這個年齡時 也不知道愛是什么
I don’t suppose you do.
我覺得你也不會知道的
Well, what is it like?
那 愛是什么?
Well, it’s, um...
啊 就是 …