It’s companionship,
愛就是友誼
Fellow feeling.
同情
Now listen,
聽著
you want these schools for the Iban.
你想這些給依班人的學校
Henry’ll help you. I’ll see to that.
亨利會幫你的 我負責這個事
So...
那么…
what do you say?
你認為怎樣?
I’m not really sure. This is all rather sudden.
我不大確定 這太突然了
Neville’s asked her to marry him.
耐維爾向他求過婚
She’ll be gone by the time you get back from your trip
你回來時她就會走了
and you won’t see her for two years.
你會兩年看不到她
I’m sorry about this afternoon.
對不起 今天下午的事
I should have stopped her sooner.
我應該阻止她的
Selima?
塞麗瑪?
You had other lovers before me, didn’t you?
你在我之前有過其他情人,是嗎?
Did you and they have what we have?
你們有沒有做我們我們做的事?
Yes.
是的
They were men like you.
他們是像你一樣的男人
But...
可是
I thought we had something special.
我覺得我們有些東西不一樣
No, we fuck, that’s all.
不 我們只是性交 僅此而已
You’re angry? You’re not telling the truth.
你生氣了? 你沒講實話
I’m angry, that’s why I’m telling the truth.
我生氣了 我才講實話
Half my blood is English.
我有一半的血是英國人的
That is more than your king and queen,
比你們的國王和王后還多
but for you, that is not good enough.
但對你 這還不夠
So Iban I’ll be.
所以我還是依班人
Rule me if you must, but nothing else.
命令我好了 如果你必須的話 但沒有別的了