Really? Yes, the year Krakatoa exploded.
真的? 是的 卡拉卡托火山爆發的那年
That’s their year zero. Is that true?
那年是他們的紀元0年 是嗎?
How the deuce do you know that?
你是怎么知道這個?
Well, I listen. Do you now?
哦 聽說的 你現在…?
Well, I can’t wait to get stuck in and meet the Iban.
我都快等不及去見見這些依班人了
chap I told you about.
我跟你說過的
Went doolally and ate his own toes.
I’ll tell you something I bet you don’t know.
我要告訴你些東西 我打賭你從來沒聽過
Back in Victorian times, the young officers coming out here
早在維多利亞時代 年輕的官員來到這里后
were given a young woman from the local headhunting tribes
當地部落首領就會給他們一個年輕女人
to share their bed...
跟他們睡覺
so they could learn the language quickly.
那樣他們的語言學習的快
I hardly think so, darling.
我可不大這樣想 親愛的
Now you are having us on, aren’t you?
你現在有我們 是吧
No, that’s true.
不,那是真的
I’ve heard tell of it from a very old Iban.
我聽一個很老的依班人說起過
See? Well...
是嗎? 啊…
if it did exist, I’m sure it was purely
就算確實存在 我覺得也一定是