Not quite the education my father had in mind.
不是父親教的都要記在腦子里
Why do you always go?
你為什么總要走?
For sleeping dictionary, it is proper.
對睡覺的字典來說,這是應該的
if a man and a woman wake up together five nights in a row,
如果男人和女人在一起睡覺同時起床五次
For the Iban,
對依班人來說
they are engaged.
就說明他們訂婚了
You don’t want that, do you?
你不希望那樣,是嗎?
Cecilia’s got a degree in anthropology, you know?
你知道嗎? 賽希爾獲得了人類學學位
She did her thesis on the Iban.
她的論文是關于依班人的
Really? Mmm.
真的? 對
Why did you choose the Iban to study?
你為什么選擇研究依班人?
I lived here until I was five.
我在這一直住到5歲
Till Mother and Father couldn’t stand me any longer
直到父母再也受不了我了
and shipped me off to school.
就把我送上船去上學了
But I always remembered them.
但我會一直記得他們的
The way you’d never see them arrive,
你從不會注意他們的來到
but then suddenly there they’d be, standing beside you
但他們突然就在那里了,站在你身邊
as if they’d been there since...
就好像他們從時間一開始
time began.
就在那里
Although, for them, of course, time only began 53 years ago.
盡管 對他們來說 時間僅僅從53年前才開始