Oh, Truscott, you are very funny Englishman.
哦 托斯卡 你是個很有趣的英國人
Excuse me. What’s going on?
對不起 怎么了?
The dancing is over.
舞會結束了
We go to sleep now.
現在該去睡覺了
You deliberately dropped me in it, didn’t you?
你故意把我丟在那的 對吧
You know I made a complete fool of myself?
你知道我當時看起來是多么傻
They like a man who makes them laugh.
他們喜歡讓他們發笑的人
Iban society is based on heavy drinking,
依班人的社會是建立在酗酒、
violent sport and practical jokes.
激烈運動和實際笑話之上的
Just think of it as English public school
想像一下英國公學里
without the buggery.
沒有雞奸會怎樣?
I’m on a mission to civilize, not to entertain.
我來的任務是教化他們的,而不是來享受
The mining concessions at Kera Pulau
在卡拉普拉的礦場的礦工
have been trespassing outside their boundaries.
已經越界開采
Your local Longhouse
你的當地長屋的人
got to some Chinese miners before I did.
在我到達前殺害了些中國礦工
You’re going to have to bring in their heads.
你必須將頭顱帶來
What?
什么?
Well...
好吧
we limit the areas where the mining concerns can
我們限制了所能開采的礦區…
No, no, no. You said...
不 不 不 你剛才說…
you said "their heads.
" 你剛才說"他們的頭顱"
Well, yes.
哦,是的
The Iban have cut them off.
依班人已經把他們割下來了
What?
什么?
Ahh.
啊
My dear.
親愛的
This is Selima.
這位是塞麗瑪
She’s going to live with you.
她將會跟你住在一起
As what?
為什么?
Uh... she performs wifely duties.
哦… 她會盡些妻子的職責
Oh yeah? What... sewing?
是嗎? 比如縫衣服?
She performs wifely duties in the bedroom.
她要在臥室里盡職責