For God’s sakes, man. I sleep with you.
看在上帝的面子… 我跟你一起睡覺
We expect you to know the language within six months.
我們希望你在6個月里學會依班語
Selima’s what’s known around here as a "sleeping dictionary.
" 塞麗瑪在這里被稱作"睡覺的字典"
My mother was also sleeping dictionary.
我母親也曾經是睡覺的字典
Sleep...
睡覺的…
That’s why I speak the King English.
這就是為什么我會說純正的英語
There’s nothing like bed for learning a language.
再沒有比在床上更好的地方來學習語言了
It’s the only reason I speak Portuguese.
這就是為什么我說葡萄牙語
No, look, poor girl.
不 你看…她很可憐耶
She was just picked? I pick you.
她是被選中的嗎? 是我選中了你
And she’s really choosy.
她選的很挑剔
She turned down my last two cadet officers.
她曾拒絕了我的前兩個軍校官員
Listen, your contract forbids you
聽著 你的合約禁止你
to marry for three years.
在三年內結婚
Three years can be very lonely.
三年時間會很孤單的
And after three years?
三年以后呢?
We’ll probably all be dead, so why worry?
也許我們都死了 有什么擔心的?
Listen...
聽著
you’ll go home on leave to England
你會回英國休假
and you’ll come back with a rosycheeked little wife.
然后跟你面色紅潤的妻子回來
Selima will go home to her Longhouse
塞麗瑪會回到她在長屋的家
speaking fluent English.
說著流利的英語
Oh, damn it, man, it’s worked for centuries.
可惡 幾個世紀來都是這樣的
There’s no reason why you should be different.
你沒有理由例外的