Get out of here! Go off!
走開 走開 離開這里
Excuse me.
對不起
Excuse me. Excuse me.
對不起 對不起
I was expecting to be met.
我想去見…
Good morning, Truscott.
早安 托斯卡
I am Belansai.
我是貝萊塞
Welcome to our country.
歡迎來到我的國家
He’ll be the head man of his Longhouse in two years.
再過兩年就會成為長屋的領袖了
John Truscott.
約翰 托斯卡
Henry Bullard.
亨利 布拉德
I’m the governor of this district,
我是這一地區的長官
but you just think of me as God.
你可以把我當成上帝
Hop aboard.
請上車
You’ve got far too good a degree for this job.
你對這項工作真是太合適了
What are you running away from? Your debts?
為什么跑這么遠的路來到這里? 債務?
Your family? Or a woman?
家庭? 還是女人?
No, no debts. No woman.
不,不是債務,也不是女人
My mother died two years ago.
我母親兩年前去世
My father was killed at Passchendaele, so...
我父親在帕森德爾被人殺害,所以…
Well, why in God’s name are you here?
那你到底為什么來這里?
My father was a district officer out here.
我父親曾在這里當過地區長官
William C. Truscott?
威廉.托斯卡?
Ahhh.
對
He’d drawn up a plan to bring education to the Iban
他曾經計劃給依班人帶來教育
which the governor general had approved,
政府也同意了
but then he had to go back to the war...
可他必須回去參戰
and it never happened.
這個計劃就沒有實施