So, uh, where was Susan today?
Susan今天去哪了?
Um, I'm not sure.
我不知道。
Wow! Tom must be great in bed.
哇嗚,Tom的床上功夫一定很棒。
Huh?
啊?
Well, obviously, you have no idea how to bluff.
很顯然你不會弄虛作假。
Okay. She's going through something, and I'm sure she'd prefer it to be private.
好吧,我說。她很低落,不想讓別人知道。
She's upset with Mike, isn't she? Well, come on. I'm gonna find out sooner or later.
她為Mike的事很傷心,是嗎?告訴我吧,我遲早會知道的。
She's devastated about the breakup, and she hasn't left the house in days.
她為這次分手很傷心,每天都呆在屋里。
Well, why didn't you just tell me that?
你為什么不告訴我?
Because it's personal. It's the kind of thing she would only want me to tell her friends.
因為這是隱私,只能說給朋友聽。
I'm Susan's friend. Well, I don't hate her.
我是Susan的朋友,我并不恨她。
Edie, if you want me to share stuff with you, you're gonna have to start being more supportive of Susan.
Edie,如果你是她的朋友,應該給她一點支持。
Okay. How?
好吧,怎么支持?
What do friends do? They call, they're sympathetic, they ask about the pain the other person is going through, and then they listen.
朋友要表示出同情,了解她的苦處,認真的傾聽。
What if you want to be supportive, but you just can't stand listening to people bitch?
有時候你也很想去支持她,但她根本不搭理這個爛人,怎么辦?
Then it's good to know how to bluff.
那就虛張聲勢吧。