Yeah, Nate said it was great.
是啊,內特說得很好
He actually… He applied here, but they wanted someone with more experience.
他其實應聘過這里,但他們需要經驗豐富的
Here. Huh? What's this?
給.嗯?是什么?
I don't want you to get behind on your rent.
我不想你拖房租
Dad, how did you… It's…
爸,你怎么~ 只是~~
I'm gonna kill Mom.
我要掐我媽
Dad, thank you.
謝謝你,爸爸
It's really good to see you. You too, honey.
真高興見到你. 我也是,寶貝
So, you want to start grilling me now…
你想現在就說正題呢~
or should we wait till after dinner?
還是等吃完飯了后?
I thought I'd let you at least enjoy the bread basket first.
我想讓你吃了早飯再說
No, no, no. It's okay. Go right ahead.
不,不,沒關系,現在說吧
We're just a little worried, honey.
我們只是很擔心你,寶貝
We get e-mails from you at your office at 2:00 a.m.
我們凌晨兩點收到你的電郵
Your pay is terrible. You don't get to write anything.
工資低,有不參與文筆工作
Hey, that's not fair.
嘿,這么說不公平
I wrote those e-mails.
我有寫那些電郵
I'm just trying to understand why someone who got accepted to Stanford Law…
我試著了解被斯坦福法律系接受的人~
turns it down to be a journalist, and now you're not even doing that.
為什么會想做記者,更何況你現在還不算是記者
Dad, you have to trust me.
爸,你要相信我
Being Miranda's assistant opens a lot of doors.
做馬琳達的助理就不用愁將來了
Emily is going to Paris with Miranda in a few months…
艾米莉要和馬琳達去巴黎幾個月
and she's gonna meet editors and writers from every important magazine.
她會遇到著名雜志社的編輯和作者
And in a year, that could be me.
再過一年,我也能去了
All right? Mm-hmm.
好嗎?嗯
Dad, I swear, this is my break.
爸,我發誓,這是我的轉折點
This is my… my chance.
這是我的~~~機遇
This is my boss.
是我老板