Checking out the new executive digs?
來看新的行政主管?
Oh, you know it.
哦,你明白的。
Can I tell you a little secret?
我能告訴你一個小秘密嗎?
Sure.
當然。
Dan wanted to hold the promotion over for Tim Doogan
DAN想要把晉升的機會留給TIM DUGGAN
and I'm the one that convinced him to give it to Tom.
而我說服了他把機會給TOM。
Really?
真的?
Uh-huh. Tom is such a workhorse and he wanted it so badly.
嗯哼,TOM是一個不折不扣的工作狂,他非常想得到這次機會。
Yeah, he certainly did.
是啊, 他的確是。
What is wrong? Aren't you happy about this promotion?
怎么了? 你不為這次升職開心嗎?
Lynette realized it was in her best interest to lie to the boss's wife.
LYNETTE意識到她最好對老板的妻子撒個謊...
Well, it's great, obviously. Thank you.
非常開心, 當然了。謝謝。
Provided she wasn't too convincing.
倘若她的話不是那么令人信服。
Of course, I mean, I will miss him being gone all the time.
當然,我是說, 我會想他的一直奔波在外。
He'll be bringing in more money, but he is gonna miss the birthdays,baseball games, first steps.
他能賺回更多的錢,但他也將錯過生日慶祝,棒球比賽,嬰兒邁出的頭幾步...
That's the trade-off, right?
有得必有,對吧?
I just hope one day Tom doesn't look back and regret being gone so much.
我只是希望某一天,TOM不會回顧過去并后悔離家太久。
I better get out there before they break something.
嗯, 我最好趕在他們打破什么之前過去。
Of course, I will see you soon.
好的, 以后見。