嗨。
Hi. So, what's the word on Tim?
嗨,TIM的情況怎么樣了?
He came through the triple bypass with flying colors.
他身上插著三根導管不過已經沒事了。
Thank god.
謝天謝地。
Course, it's not all coming up roses.
當然, 也不全是好消息。
He's not going to be able to come back to work for four, four and a half months.
他將有4到4個半月... 不能參加工作 。
Oh. What?
哦。什么?
The company still needs to expand,
公司依然需要擴張,
so I figure they need a fit, heart-smart guy like me to step up, take the ball.
所以我想他們需要有人替代,一個像我這樣的聰明人挺身而出, 接過重擔。
You're going after Tim Doogan's promotion?
你要去爭取TIM DUGGAN的晉升機會?
No. I already got it. You should've seen me.
不. 我已經得到了。你應該看到我今天所做的事。
I walked straight into Peterson's office and I told him he would be a fool to hold Doogan's promotion.
我徑直沖進PETERSON的辦公室告訴他,如果他升DUGGAN的職, 他將是個傻子。
You called your boss a fool?
你叫你老板傻子?
I did. That was risky in retrospect, but you know what? Still, he gave me the job.
是的。回想起來那真是冒險啊,但你知道么, 他依然給我了那份工作。
Look at me. It's me, I'm the man, I got the whole west coast.
親愛的, 這就是我。我是那個成功者,我得到了整個西海岸--
Oh my -- what? What? The whole west coast?
哦, 我的-- 什么? 什么? 整個西海岸?
I thought you were going after an in-house position.
我以為你追求的是一個在總部的職位。
No, no, no. I'm setting up new offices fromSeattle to L.A. I, I told you that.
不, 不, 不. 我將從西雅圖開始設立辦公室一直到洛杉磯。我- 我告訴過你。
No. No, you didn't.
沒有。你沒有。
Okay, so it's gonna be a little bit more travel.
好吧,所以將會有一些些更多的旅行, 但--
More travel? Tom, you're barely here half the time as it is.
更多的旅行? TOM, 你現在只有一半時間在家里。
Now you're going to have -- what, twice the work load?
而現在你的工作量又要翻倍?
Honey? Please, don't ruin this.
親愛的, 拜托, 不要破壞這一切。
I'm sorry, but you should have consulted me.
對不起, 但是你應該和我談談。
I did. You told me to stop being a shrinking violet and to step up.
我談了啊你告訴我不要做一個羞怯的人要挺身而出。
I thought this was an in-house position.
我以為這是一個在總部的職位。
Okay, I'm going to go shower.
好吧, 我要去沖澡了。
Look, wait, wait. I know what this means to you.
等一下, 等一下。我知道這對你意味著什么。
No, you don't. No, you don't. I am forty-one years old. If I don't make vice president now, it's never gonna happen.
不, 你不知道。不, 你不知道, 我41歲了。如果我現在不能做到副主管,永遠都做不到了。
This is my career. It's, it's important to me.
這是我的職業, 這-- 這對我很重要。
So was mine, but I'm here, aren't I?
我的也是, 但我在這兒, 不是嗎?
I'm gonna take the job.
我要接受這個工作。