視頻出處:
本影片片段出自《摩登家庭》第一季第三集
I wish I could stay home with you and fly toy airplanes.
我真想待在家里和你一起玩玩具飛機
These aren't toy airplanes,manny.
這可不是玩具飛機 Manny
These are models, and they're very complicated.
這是模型 這東西很復雜的
You want to fly one of these,
你要是想玩這個
You got to be familiar with airfoil, drag, lift, and thrust,
得先了解螺旋漿 拉升 俯沖 推進等等
And these are all principles of aerodynamics.
這些都是空氣動力學的基本要素
The box says, "12 and up."
可盒子寫著適合12歲以上兒童呀
What?!
啥?
You can fly toy planes with jay next time.
你乖 下次再和Jay玩玩具飛機
Today you have to spend time with luke.
今天你要去和Luke一起玩
Why? Because his mother invited you, so you go.
為什么? 因為他媽媽邀請你 所以你得去啊
Family needs to be close, right, jay?
家人應該親密無間嘛 是吧 Jay
I'm pretty sure this is a typo.
這絕對是個印刷錯誤
Men need their hobbies.
男人應該培養興趣
Manny's father had many hobbies,
Manny的爸爸就有很多興趣愛好
Like hiking in the desert,
像是沙漠徒步啦
That kind of skiing that they drop you from the...
滑雪啦 就是那種把你空降下去的...
How do you say in english?
從那個 英文怎么說來著?
Helicopter.Yes.
直升機 對
Once, on a dare, he even boxedd with an alligator.
有一次 他為了和人打賭還和一條鱷魚賽過拳擊
Wrestle.You wrestle --
摔跤 是摔跤
you can't box with alligators.
和鱷魚賽什么拳擊嘛
Are you sure?
你確定?
How would they get the gloves on those lile claws?
難不成還給它們的爪子戴拳擊手套?
Aren't they like tiny, little hands?
它們的爪子不是像小手一樣么?
No!
不是啦
Okay, now I forgot what we were talking about.
這下好 我都忘了我們在說什么了
Anyways, hobbies are important for the men,
總而言之 興趣愛好對男人來說是很重要的
Whether you're risking your life
不管是以生命冒險也好
Or flying little planes from a safe distance.
還是躲得遠遠地耍耍玩具飛機