Woman: So, Mr. Cooper, you're looking for a job.
那么,Cooper先生,你想找份工作。
Sheldon: A menial job. Like yours.
一份低等工作。像你的一樣。
Woman: Well, thank you for noticing. I'm "Menial Employee of the Month." Do you have a particular field in mind?
謝謝提醒。我是“月度低等員工”。你想過找哪種類型的工作嗎?
Sheldon: I do. For thousands of years, The lowest classes of the human race have spent their lives laboring to erect monuments under the lash of their betters, until finally, they dropped down, and be came one with the dust through which they trudged. Do you have anything like that?
是的。幾千年來,最底層的人們耗盡一生在工頭的皮鞭下建造出紀念碑,直到最后,他們全倒下了,全身布滿辛苦工作的塵土。這里有這樣的工作嗎?
Woman: No.
沒有。
Sheldon: Shouldn't you check your database?
你不用查一下數據庫嗎?
Woman: No.
沒有。
Sheldon: You didn't really type?
你根本沒有打字?
Woman: I didn't really have to. So, how about construction?
根本不需要。那么建筑業呢?
Sheldon: Oh, that would be good! Sawing, hammering, eating out of a lunch pail, as my workingclass fellows and I sit perched precariously on a girder high above the metropolis.
噢,那很好啊!鋸木,錘擊,吃午餐桶里的食物,像我的工友們一樣我搖搖欲墜地棲坐在都市上空的高梁上。
Woman: No, no. This is putting up sheetrock at a housing project in Rosemead.
不,不是。這份工作是為Rosemead的一個房屋搭建石膏水泥板。
Sheldon: I could do that.
我可以做那個。
Woman: Good.
很好。
Sheldon: One question.
我有個問題。
Woman: Yes?
什么?
Sheldon: What's sheetrock?
什么是石膏水泥板?
Woman: Moving on. How about doing deliveries for a florist?
下一個。花店快遞員呢?
Sheldon: That seems acceptable.
應該可以。
Woman: Do you have your own car?
你自已有車嗎?
Sheldon: I don't drive.
我不會開車。
Woman: Of course you don't. Mr. Cooper, let me just ask you a question. What was your last job?
顯然你不會。Cooper先生,讓我問你個問題。你上一個工作是什么?
Sheldon: Senior theoretic particle physicist at CalTech, focusing on "M" theory, or, in layman's terms, string theory.
加州理工學院的高級理論粒子物理學家,專門研究"M"理論,或者用外行的描述就是,弦線理論。
Woman: I see. Just give me a second. Security!
知道了。稍等一下。保安!