Penny:What? Your... Your mother's coming? When?
什么?你……你媽要來?什么時候?
Leonard:Tomorrow.
明天。
Penny:When were you going to tell me?
你想到什么時候再告訴我?
Leonard:Um... tomorrow?
呃... 明天?
Penny:Why were you keeping this a secret?
為什么瞞著我?
Leonard: Well, I just... I thought...
嗯,我只是……覺得……
Sheldon:If I can interject here, obviously Leonard is concerned that his mother won't approve of you as his mate.
容我插上一句,Leonard顯然是擔心 他母親不贊成你做他的配偶
Penny:Why wouldn't she approve of me? I'm adorable.
為什么不贊成?我很可愛啊
Leonard:You are, it's just...
你是很可愛只是...
Sheldon: If I can interject again. Leonard comes from a remarkably highachieving family, who have all chosen highachieving partners. He probably feels that it's doubtful that his mother will be overly impressed with his dating a woman whose most significant achievement is memorizing the Cheesecake Factory menu.
就是熟記奶酪蛋糕工廠菜單容我再插上一句Leonard出身名門他們挑選的配偶也都是成就極高的他可能有點懷疑他母親會不會感到過度驚訝如果知道跟他交往的女人最顯著的成就
Penny:Hey, it's a big menu.There's two pages just for desserts.
喂,那個菜單很大的好吧光甜點就有兩頁。
Leonard:I know. And those specials... They change every day.
我知道而且特餐……每天都換的。
Penny:Okay, you know what? It's lame when I say it. It's just ridiculous when you pile on.
我這樣說,只是沒說服力。但你再添油加醋就顯得可笑了
Leonard:Okay. Sorry.
好吧。對不起。
Penny:So what did she say when you told her we were going out?
你告訴她我們拍拖時她怎么說的?
Leonard:Um...
呃……
Penny:You didn't tell her we were going out, did you?
你沒告訴她我們在拍拖?
Leonard:Um...
呃……
Penny: Why not?
為什么不說?
Leonard:Um...
呃……
Sheldon:Leonard... I'm no expert on meditation, but if you're trying to calm yourself down,I believe the word is "Om."
我不是冥想默念(注:一種使人平靜下來的心理療法)這方面的專家Leonard……但你如果想要冷靜下來我覺得正確的詞是"唵"。