特別聲明
該節目由可可原創,講解部分由可可簽約編輯編寫。
視頻出處
以下視頻片段選自《唐頓莊園》第一季第二集。
影視片花
中英對白
Good day to you, Parson Tringham.
您好啊 特林漢姆牧師
Good day, Sir John.
你好 約翰爵士
您剛說什么 牧師
上次趕集時 我們在這條路上遇見了
您叫我約翰爵士 是啊
幾周前那次 您又叫我約翰爵士 沒錯
我只是個普通的小販約翰·德北菲爾德
so what I'm thinking...
所以我覺得...
Let me see your profile.
把臉轉過來給我瞧瞧
Sir? Throw up your chin.
什么 下巴抬起來
There it is, the D'Urberville nose and chin.
沒錯 正是德貝維爾家族的鼻子和下巴
A trifle coarsened, perhaps.Sir?
是粗俗了點 您說什么
You are an aristocrat, Sir John.
你是貴族出身 約翰爵士
The direct descendant of one of the finest families in the land, the D'Urbervilles.
是本地最顯赫家族之一 德貝維爾家族的嫡系子孫
I stumbled across the name in the parish records.
我是在教區的家譜上偶然發現的
From Normandy originally, came over with the Conqueror.
祖籍在諾曼底 隨著遠征的軍隊而來
Fought alongside Edward II and King John.
在愛德華二世和約翰王麾下征戰過
Charles II made you Knights of the Royal oak for your loyalty.
查理二世曾因其忠心 授以皇家橡樹爵位
So, if a knighthood were hereditary,as it more or less used to be,
所以如果跟過去一樣 爵位也能世襲的話
you would be Sir John now.
你現在就該是約翰爵士了
Can this be true? Oh, yes.
這是真的嗎 當然
There's hardly such a family in England.
這樣的家族 全英格蘭都沒第二家
So where do we raise our smoke now, us D'Urbervilles?
那現在我們德貝維爾家族的香火 又在哪呢
Live, I mean?
我是指 都住在哪
You don't live anywhere.
哪里都沒有了
A family vault at Kingsbere is the extent of your legacy.
金斯比爾的祖墳 就算是家族遺產了
Rows and rows of you, reclining under Purbeck marble.
一排排的祖先 埋葬于佩比克大理石陵墓下
What, no family mansions? Great estates?
什么 沒有祖宅和房產嗎
As a county family, you are extinct.
作為郡縣家族 你們已經沒落了
Good day, Sir John.
再見 約翰爵士
But... Parson! What might I do about it, sir? Nothing.
那牧師 我還能做些什么呢 無能為力
Except chasten yourself with the thought——
只能以圣經中這句話警示自己
"How the mighty have fallen".
大英雄何竟死亡
You'll take a quart of beer with me, Parson?
你要跟我喝兩杯嗎 牧師
There's a pretty brew at Rolliver's!
羅利弗酒館的啤酒不錯
You've had quite enough already!
你已經喝得夠多了
A family vault in Kingsbere.I'll be damned.
金斯比爾有我家祖墳 我的天哪