So he just blew you off?
他讓你失望了?
I told him another man asked me out,
我告訴他有人約我出去,
it was the perfect opportunity for Mike to be jealous. And nothing.
希望Mike嫉妒可他什么也沒說。
Well, did you bat your eyes? You know, it doesn’t work if you don’t bat your eyes.
你看他的眼睛了嗎?你要好好看他的眼睛。
Honey, I batted everything that wasn’t nailed down. I’m telling you …nothing.
我仔細看了好久,但什么也沒發生
Oh thanks.
哦,謝謝。
So what’s going on there?
那兒怎么了?
Um….gophers.
恩地鼠
Wow.
哇嗚。
Listen, I’m sorry about Mike. I know how much you like him.
Mike的事真讓我難過你有多喜歡他?
Aw, maybe it’s my fault.
這是我的錯。
Maybe I just imagined an entire relationship with this man that didn’t exist.
也許只是想像我和這個男人根本不存在什么關系。
There has been flirting.
男人總愛和別人調情。
Yes, and the flirting made me think that he was kind and trustworthy and honest…and hygienic.
我看見了調情讓我覺得他很友善,值得信任,誠實。
That’s how it is with me.
這已經發生過了。
A guy just smiles at me three times and I’m picking out wedding china. I’m a mess.
他對我笑了三次,我們去挑選結婚用品,我簡直一團糟。
But to be fair, that is part of your charm.
但公平的說,這是你選擇。
That’s what happened with Carl. I only dated him a couple of months.
我選擇了Carol,我們約會了幾個月。
I filled in the blanks; I married him. It was a disaster!
我填補了空缺,然后就結婚了。這簡直是一場災難。
You think Mike is a Carl in disguise?
你認為Mike是像Carl那樣的男人嗎?
I don’t know. What does that mean anyway? “My life is complicated”?
我不知道究竟什么叫“我的生活很復雜”。