I married Diego Solis when I was 16 years old.
我16歲時就嫁給了Solis。
A few months into our marriage he started to beat me.
婚后幾個月后他就開始打我。
I was so young and stupid I didn’t know what to do.
那時候我很年輕,不知道該怎么做才好。
Juanita I had no idea.
我也不知道該怎么做。
It got so bad that I started praying to god to let me die.
他變得太壞,我甚至乞求上帝讓我去死。
But god in his infinite wisdom gave me a reason to live.
但是上帝給我一個活下去的理由。
Carlos.
Carlos!
Ay, he was a beautiful baby. But my husband wasn’t much of a father.
啊,他是個非常可愛的孩子,我的丈夫根本不配做父親。
He never held him. He would yell and scream at him for no reason at all.
他從來不抱他,他毫無理由的對他大喊大叫。
One night, when Carlos was four, Diego Solis came home…drunk. And he beat my Carlos.
當Carlos 四歲時的一個晚上Solis醉醺醺的回到家他狠狠的揍Carlos。
Something inside me snapped, and at that moment I found a way to be strong.
我體內的某種東西突然爆發了,我一下子找到了一種讓自己強大的方法。
So I made sure that Diego Solis would never hurt my son or me ever again.
我找到一種方法讓Solis再也不敢碰我和Carlos了。
What did you do?
你怎么做到的?
Well, if you pray hard enough, god gives you the tools to your salvation.
如果你有顆勇敢的心上帝會給你解決的方法。
Carlos said that his father left for a waitress in El Passo.
Carlos說他爸爸和那個女招待一起跑了。
That’s what he was told. Mothers know they have to protect their children.
嗯哼,我是這樣告訴他的,所有的媽媽都知道怎么去保護孩子。
But some of us take our job more seriously than others.
但有些人比其它人更認真。
I don’t know why you’re telling me this.
我不知道你為什么告訴我這些?
I think you do.
我認為你知道。