Mrs Cooper: Here you go, Shelly.
給,Shelly。
Sheldon: Thanks, mom.
謝謝,媽媽。
Mrs Cooper: Hold your horses, young man. Here in Texas, we pray before we eat.
別那么猴急,年輕人,在德克薩斯,吃飯前要祈禱。
Sheldon: Aw, mom.
噢,媽。
Mrs Cooper: This is not California, land of the heathen. Give me. By His hand we are all...
這兒可不是在野蠻人的樂土,加州。 把手給我, 上帝的手喂養了...
Sheldon: ...fed.
我們。
Mrs Cooper: Give us, Lord, our daily...
主啊,每日你賜予我們...
Sheldon: ...bread.
食物。
Mrs Cooper: Please know that we are truly...
請相信我們萬分...
Sheldon: ...grateful.
感恩。
Mrs Cooper: For every cup and every...
感激每杯水每餐...
Sheldon: ...plateful.
飯。
Mrs Cooper: Amen. Now, that wasn't so hard, was it?
阿門。也沒那么難對吧?
Sheldon: My objection was based on considerations other than difficulty.
我反感的是禱文太羅嗦而不是因為念禱文本身難。
Mrs Cooper: Whatever. Jesus still loves you.
隨便吧上帝還是會愛你
Sheldon: Thank you for carving a smiley face in my grilled cheese sandwich.
謝謝在我的烤干酪上刻的這個笑臉。
Mrs Cooper: Oh, I know how to take care of my baby. His eyes came out a little thin. But you can just pretend he's Chinese.So, do you want to talk about what happened with you and your little friends?
我知道怎么照顧自己的孩子,雖然他眼睛長得細小,但也不能把他當成中國人呀。那么,你想談一談,你和你朋友們之間的事情嗎?
Sheldon: They're not my friends.
他們不是我的朋友
Mrs Cooper: All right. If you recall, when you were little, we sat right here at this very spot and we talked about some of the problems you had getting along with the neighbor kids.
好吧。你還記不記得,你小時候我們就坐在這里,談論過一些你和鄰居家的小孩們相處上的一些問題。
Sheldon: That was different. They were threatened by my intelligence and too stupid to know that's why they hated me.
那不一樣。他們被我的天才所威脅到,還蠢到不知道這就是他們討厭我的原因。
Mrs Cooper: Oh baby, they knew very well why they hated you.
噢,孩子,他們很清楚為什么討厭你。