When I was alive, I maintained many different indentities.
我活著的時候,我有不同的身份
Lover, wife and, untimately victim.
情人,妻子,最后成為犧牲者
Yes, lables are important to the living.
是的,標簽對活著的人非常重要
They dictate how people see themselves.
標簽決定了人們該如何看待自己
Like my friend Lynette, she used to see herself as a career woman.
就像我的朋友Lynette那樣以前她給自己的定位就是職業女性
and a hugely sucessful one.
她確實在事業上很成功
She was known for her power lunches, her eye-catching presentations
現在她的成功來自美味的午餐精致的留言貼
and her ruthlessness in wiping out the competition.
還來自于毫不留情的和屋里的臟亂做斗爭
But lynette gave up her career to assume a new label.
她放棄她的事業就是為了另一個標簽
The incredibly satisfying role of full-time mother.
為了成為一個合格的全職家庭主婦
Scavo residence.
這是Scavo家
Yes, this is me.
是,是我
But, unfortunately for Lynette, this new label frequently fell short of what was advertised.
很不幸對Lynette而言這個新角色并不像所宣稱的那樣容易扮演
How in the world did they..? I left the door to the art supply cupboard open for five minutes.
他們到底做了什么……?我開著門,離開雜物室只有五分鐘
That's all. Five minutes.
5分鐘?
The little girl, why didn't she say anything?
那個小女孩為什么沒喊叫?
Your boys work quickly.
你兒子動手太快了
Well, obviously they wil be punished for this severely.
事實上,很明顯他們應該為此事而受到嚴厲的懲罰
I hesitate bringing this up, since you got so ugly ahout it last time..
我本來不想提了但上次你也這么說的
They don't have attention deficit disorder
他們根本沒有獲得教訓
and I won't drug my boys just to make your job easier.
我可沒有想教壞我孩子,只是配合你的工作
I'd rather change teachers.
我想要換老師
They're in my class because I'm the only teacher who can handle them.
你的孩子之所以留在我班級就是因為只有我才能對付他們
What if we separate the twins, put them in different classes?
或者我們可以把他們分開來?或許我們可以把他們分到不同班級去?
They're calmer when they're not bouncing off one another.
他們如果沒有待在一起會比較乖一些
We can try that, but if it doesn't work.
我們可以試一下但是如果這么做還是不行的話
We may no longer be able to accommodate them.
可能就沒有人再愿意教他們了
It suddenly occurred to Lynette, her label was about to change yet again.
Lynette 突然意識到她的角色又變了
And for the next few years, she would be known as the mother of the boys who painted Tiffany Axelrod blue.
接下來的幾年,她會被人們津津樂道 因為她是那兩個把Tiffany Axelrod染成藍色的孩子的母親