LIPSON: Mr. Geller.
蓋勒先生?
ROSS: Yes, hi.
是我,你好。
LIPSON: Hi, Dean Lipson, zoo administrator. I was told you had a question.
黎迪恩,我是這里的行政組長。聽說你有個問題,是不是?
ROSS: Well, I uh, I can't seem to find the monkey I donated last year. He's a capuchan, answers to the name Marcel.
我似乎找不到我去年捐的猴子它是一只戴帽猿…它的名字叫做馬賽?
LIPSON: Ahh, I'm afraid I have some bad news. Marcel has passed on.
我恐怕有個壞消息要告訴你,馬賽它已經過世了。
ROSS: Oh my God, what happened?
天哪,怎么會呢?
LIPSON: Well he got sick, and then he got sicker, and then he got a little better but then he died.
它生病了,然后它病得很重…然后它突然好了一點,然后就死了。
ROSS: I can't believe this.
我真不敢相信。
LIPSON: I'm sorry Mr. Geller. But ya know, there's an old saying, 'Sometimes monkeys die.' It's not a great saying but it certainly is fitting today.
很抱歉,蓋勒先生你也知道嘛,俗話說”猴子難免一死”,不是很好的俗語…用在今天卻很貼切。
ROSS: Well, ya know, someone should have called me.
那應該有人通知我才對呀。
LIPSON: I'm sorry. Look, I know this can't bring him back but here, it's just a gesture.
對不起。我知道這不能夠讓它復活…這是我一點心意,請收下。
ROSS: Zoo dollars?
動物園禮券?
LIPSON: Yes, and come see the bird show at 4. The macaws wear hats. Well it's a lot cuter if your monkey hasn't just died.
對,四點請過來看一看烏秀金剛鸚鵡戴帽子。你的猴子沒死的話會可愛多了。