1. go after:(戀愛)追求
You wouldn't go after a guy that you thought raped your daughter?
如果你認為那小子強奸你的女兒你還會去追求他?
2. keep off:讓......離開
Just keep that jerk and his dog with him off me.
讓那個笨蛋和跟隨他的狗離開我。
Keep your hands off me; or I'll knock you down.
不要碰我,當心我把你打倒在地。
The servants likewise used me saucily, and had much ado to keep their hands off me.
有幾個仆人對我很無禮,要他們的手不碰我是很難的。
4. feel guilty about something:對......感到愧疚
I feel guilty about visiting her so rarely.
我因極少去看望她而感到慚愧。
I feel really guilty about not having written to you for so long.
我這么長時間沒給你寫信了,感到十分內疚。
He doesn't feel guilty about asking his staff to work at weekends.
他不會因為要求他的員工周末工作而感到內疚。
They feel guilty about not is able to see their son often.
他們因不能經常去看望兒子而感到內疚。
5. get oneself to somewhere:自己去......
I have a plan that I will get myself to London.
我計劃我自己去倫敦。
6. a fistful of:一把......
The child seized a fistful of nuts.
那孩子抓了一把栗子。
7. take back:奪回,搶回
I will take my boyfriend from Mary.
我要從Mary身上奪回我的男友。
8. in one’s face:在某人的眼前,在某人面前
When I asked him for longer time to pay back the loan,he just laughed in my face.
當我向他要求延長還貸款的時間時,他只是當面嘲笑我。
9. put up:提供食宿
I wanted to know if she could put me up for a few days.
我想知道她能否讓我住幾天。
Hundreds of junior civil servants have to be put up in hotel rooms and temporary hostels.
數百名初級文職官員只能被安排到旅館和臨時青年招待所過夜。
He decided that he would drive back to town instead of putting up for the night at the hotel.
他決定開車回鎮上,不在旅館過夜。