第一、詞匯竄燒
1 scissors n.剪刀
2 thread n.線
3 fund n.基金
4 raiser n.籌集者
5 project n.計劃
6 runway n.跑道
第二、短語回顧
1. go to the party:參加晚會
e.g. If I don't go to the party,I shall feel that I'm missing out.
如果我不去參加那個舞會,我就會感到失去享樂的機會。
2. have a future:有前途
e.g. You'll never have a future if all you do is slop around all day.
如果你只是整天游手好閑地蕩來蕩去你決不會有前途。
3. work hard:努力工作,努力學習
e.g. I have been very lazy but I am going to turn over a new leaf and work hard.
我一向很懶,但我準備改正,用功學習。
4. someone else:別人
e.g. He was jealous when he discovered that she loved someone else.
當他發現她愛別人的時候,他吃醋了。
5. have fun:玩得愉快,玩得高興
e.g. Until the grown-ups come to fetch us we'll have fun.
在大人找來之前,咱們在這兒盡情玩耍。
6. at this party:在晚會上
e.g. I shall not by rights be at this party at all. I am on duty tonight .
我照理不該參加這個聚會,因為今晚我值班。
第三、短語學習
1. hold on (to something):堅持(住)
e.g. He has been trying hard to hold on to his temper.
他一直盡力控制自己不發脾氣。
e.g. I feel a bit tired. However, I can hold on.
我有點累了,但我能堅持下去。
2. move on:更換(工作或話題等)
e.g. I think we've talked enough about that;let's move on.
我想那一點我們已談得夠多了,談點別的吧。
e.g. Forget it, and move on to tomorrow.
要再想它了,關心明天的事兒吧!
3. at work:在工作,在干活
e.g. He did very little on his first day at work.
他頭一天上班工作做得很少。
e.g. He is still at work on the restoration.
他仍忙著做維修工作.
4. for a while:暫時,一會兒
e.g. I'm feeling rather peculiar I think I'll lie down for a while.
我覺得不太舒服——我想躺一會兒.
e.g. Please take care of the baby for me for a while, will you?
請替我照顧一下這孩子,好嗎?
5. stop sb. from doing something:阻止某人做某事
Can't you stop your son from getting into trouble?
你能不能制止你兒子別惹上麻煩?
I only just managed to stop myself from shouting at him.
我極力控制住自己沒對他喊叫起來。
第四、實用口語
1. 表示自己的一種莫名的感覺,心中有一種疑慮某事好像會如何,可以套用這個句型:
It is like+句子。
句型操練:It is like we shall see him no more.
好像不會再見到他了。
源于臺詞:It's not like anyone's gonna miss me anyway.
2. 你的那朋友把您甩掉了,而跟另一個女孩,這種情況的描述可以套用下面這個句型:
Sb is off with another one.
指點迷津:off在這里是副詞,意思是“離開”。
句型操練:My boyfriend was off with my classmate, Juliet.
我的男友離開我了,和我同班同學Juliet好上了。
源于臺詞:Daniel's off with his new best friend Natalie
3. 表示事情很糟糕,可以套用下面這個句型:
It sucks.
指點迷津:suck是美國俚語,意思是“爛”。
源于臺詞:... and it still sucks.
4. 不好的經歷給一個人帶來很大心靈創傷,讓他很難忘記,這種情況可以用這個句型去描述:
Sb holds on hard to something (or somebody).
句型操練:I am still upset because of my bad experiences at a party a long time ago. I have been holding hard to it.
我依然感到不安,因為很久以前的一次晚會上,不愉快的經歷,我無法忘掉。
源于臺詞:Betty, why are you holding on so hard to Matt?
4. 描述你和某人在什么事情,你對這件事情有一種什么樣的感受,可以套用下面句型:
Thing are + adj. with sb. att+名詞。
句型操練:Things are weird with Mary at study.
和瑪麗在一起學習有點奇怪。
源于臺詞:Things are weird with Daniel at work...
5. 變化有時候讓人心里無法接受,由于這種情況,心里很不安和焦慮,煩躁,都希望保持原狀,這樣的情況可以這樣描述:
Sb wishes things could stay the same.
指點迷津:stay在這里是系動詞,意思是“保持住......”。
源于臺詞:I just wish one thing could stay the same.
6. 一個人做某事才會有知足感,滿足感,我們可以這樣描述:
It is enough for you to do something.
句型操練:It is enough for me to get a ballet shoes.
有一雙芭蕾舞鞋,我就感到非常滿足了。
源于臺詞:So can't that be enough for you for a while?
7. 表示某人做某事會成功,可以這樣說:
Sb makes it work.
源于臺詞:... and I'm gonna make it work!