影視片花
臺詞欣賞
Rochester:Jane.
Jane
Rivers:Miss Eyer.
Eyer小姐
Jane:What brings you from your hearth on a night like this?
您怎么突然在晚上到訪
There is no bad news, I hope.
希望不是什么壞消息吧
Rivers:How easily alarmed you are, Miss Eyre.
你警惕性未免也太高了 愛小姐
Jane:Please, won't you sit down?
請隨便坐
Rivers:Thank you, Miss Eyre.
謝謝 Eyre小姐
I saw an advertisement in The Times from a solicitor named Briggs
inquiring of a Jane Eyre.
我看到時報上登了一則廣告 有個叫Briggs的律師要找Jane Eyer
Jane:I knew a Jane Elliott.
我只認識Jane Elliott
Rivers:This paper resolved my suspicion into certainty.And so,
這份報紙證實了我的懷疑
I wrote to him.
所以 我給他寫了封信
He told the story of a young governess and her employer,
a Mr. Fairfax Rochester...
他跟我說了一個年輕女家教和她的雇主Fairfax Rochester先生的故事
Mr. Rivers. I can guess your feelings, but please hear me.
Rivers先生 我知道你在想什么 但請聽我說完
As you know so much, perhaps you'll tell me how he is?
既然你都知道了 能跟我說說他現在怎么樣了嗎
Rivers:Who? Mr. Rochester.I'm ignorant of all concerning him.
誰 Rochester先生嗎 關于他的內容我都沒注意
Jane:But he has been seeking me?
那是他要找我嗎
Rivers:No, he hasn't.Mr. Briggs has.
不 不是他 Briggs先生要找你
Jane:And what does he want with me?
他為什么要找我
Rivers:Merely to tell you that your uncle, Mr. John Eyre of Madeira.
is dead and that you are now rich.
只是想告訴你 你的叔父住在馬德拉群島的愛先生去世了 你現在是富人了
Jane:What?
什么
Rivers: You are rich, quite an heiress.Will you ask how much
you are worth?
你有錢了 遺產的唯一女繼承人 是不是還想問你現在身價多少
Jane:How much am I worth?
那我現在身價多少
Rivers:Twenty thousand pounds.If you had committed a murder
and I'd found you out, you could scarcely look more aghast.
兩萬英鎊 就算你殺了人 被我抓到 表情也不用這么驚訝吧
Jane:There must be some mistake.
肯定搞錯了
Rivers:Not at all.You look desperately miserable about it, I must say.
錯不了 不過說實話 你看起來傷心欲絕
Please sit down. I've shocked you.
來吧 快坐下 讓你受驚了
Jane:Mr. St. John.The debt I owe to you and your sisters...
St. John先生 我欠你們兄妹的債
Rivers:Is nothing.
不值一提
Jane:You saved my life.Please write to them.This money frees us.
可你救了我 麻煩寫信告訴你妹妹 這筆錢讓我們都輕松了
They will have 5,000 each and so will you, if you'll take it.
她們每人分5000英鎊 你也拿一份 如果你愿意
Rivers:Certainly not.
我當然不愿意
Jane:And if you would accept me as a sister, perhaps we could live together
at Moor House.
而且如果你愿意收我做妹妹的話 可能我們還能在一起住 在沼澤居
Rivers:I told you the news too quickly.You're confused.
我說了這個消息很突然 你現在還沒想清楚
Jane:My only relative is dead.You have family.
我唯一的親人去世了 你有家人
You cannot know what isolation means.
你不明白孑身一人是什么感受
And you cannot know what it means to be wealthy.
你也不知道財富對你意味著什么
Rivers:I have been alone always.I've never had a brother or sisters.
我一直都是孤身一人 從來沒有兄弟姐妹
Jane:Please, let me be yours.Are you reluctant to have me?
求求你 讓我成為你家里的一員 你嫌棄我
Rivers:No, Miss Eyre.On the contrary, I shall write to my sisters
as you request.
沒有 Eyre小姐 恰恰相反 我會照你的意思給妹妹們寫信的
Jane:Brother.
哥哥