Ross: So are you actually from New York?
你真的從紐約來的?
Kristin: Not originally. I'm from...
本來不是,我從……
Carol: Oh no. I thought you said they could shoot the spot without you.
哦,不,你說他們可以自己做。
Susan: I thought they could... The maxipads were a piece of cake. Minipads should be that much easier.
我本來也這樣想……最大版都是小菜一碟,最小版當然是更簡單一些了啊。
Carol: It's Valentine's Day.
但現在是情人節。
Susan: I know. but it's my job. I'll try to get back as soon as I can. I'm sorry.
我知道,但這是我的工作。我會盡快趕回來的,對不起。
Kristin: I'm spending most of my time teaching science... which is funny because, that wasn't even my major.
但我大部分時間都在教科學。有趣的是,我又不是主修這個。
Ross: Now that is funny. Hey, do you think... would it be too weird if I invited Carol over to join us? 'Cause she's, she's alone now, and pregnant, and, and sad.
這可真是有趣。嘿,你覺得……如果我邀請Carol過來會不會顯得有些奇怪?因為她現在就一個人,而且還懷孕了,心情又不好。
Kristin: I guess.
大概吧。
Ross: Are you sure? Great. Carol? Wanna come over and join us?
你確定嗎?太好了。Carol,想過來和我們一起坐嗎?
Carol: Oh, no no no. I'm fine. I'm fine.
哦,不,不,不,我很好,我很好。
Ross: Come on. These people'll scooch down. You guys'll scooch, won't you? Let's try scooching! Come on. Come on. Uh, Kristen Riggs, this is Carol Willick. Carol, Kristin. Uh, Carol teaches sixth grade. And, Kristin, Kristin ...does something that, funnily enough, wasn't even her major!
來吧。這些人會挪過去的,各位挪過去好嗎,動起來,拜托。Kristin Riggs,這是Carol Willick。Carol,Kristin。恩,Carol教六年級。然后,Kristin,Kristin...的職業是,很有趣,因為那不是她的主修!
Rachel: Thanks for coming over.
謝謝你們能來。
Fireman No.1: Not at all. It's pretty our job.
沒關系,這是我們的工作。
Fireman No.2: That's why we get the cool hats.
這就是我們為什么戴這么酷的帽子啊。
Fireman No.3: What do we got there?
里面都有什么?
Fireman No.1: A piece of something: boxer shorts, greeting cards, and what looks like a halfcharred picture—Wow, that guy's hairier than the Chief!
一些東西的碎片:短褲、賀卡,燒得半焦的相片,哦,那個人的體毛比隊長還濃密!
Monica: You know, it's a really funny story how this happened. I was taking out the trash, and Phoebe was burning incense.
這件事說來好笑。我拿出垃圾桶,Phoebe點燃熏香。
Fireman No.2: It's all right. It's all right. You don't have to explain. This isn't the first boyfriend bonfire that we've seen get out of control.
沒關系,沒關系的。你們不用解釋,這不是第一件燒毀男友物品失控的事件了。
Fireman No.3: You're our third call tonight.
這已是今晚的第三件。
Rachel: Really?
真的?
Fireman No.1: Oh, sure, Valentine's is our busiest night of the year.
哦,當然,情人節之夜是我們一年里最忙的時候。