臺詞欣賞
Jane: Excuse me, sir.
打擾了 先生
Ingram:Does that creeping creature want you?
那個怪物在叫你嗎
Rochester:Excuse me. This is from my old nurse, Bessie.She says my cousin John Reed is dead.
失陪 這是我的老保姆貝茜來的信她說我的表兄約翰·里德去世了
Jane:He squandered his fortune and has committed suicide. The news has so shocked my aunt, it's brought on a stroke.
他將家產揮霍一空 然后自殺 這個消息讓我的舅媽大受打擊 導致中風
Rochester:What, the aunt who cast you out?
你是說把你趕出家門的那個舅媽嗎
Jane:She's been asking for me. I parted from her badly and I can't neglect her wishes now.
她讓我回去 我們分別時很不愉快 現在我不能逆她的意
Rochester:Promise me you won't stay long.
答應我你很快回來
Jane:Mr. Rochester, I've had no wages. I need funds for my journey.
羅切斯特先生 我還沒拿到工資 我需要旅費
Rochester:How much do I owe you?
我欠你多少錢
Jane:Thirty pounds.
三十鎊
Rochester:Here's 50. That's too much. Take your wages, Jane.
三十鎊 這太多了 拿著吧 簡
Jane:I cannot.
我不能
Rochester:Then I only have 10.
那我只有十鎊的
Jane:Now you owe me.
現在是你欠我
Rochester:Indeed I do. Meantime, I shall safeguard it here. Do you trust me to keep it?
沒錯 你回來之前 我會放這兒好好保管 你信任我嗎
Jane:Not a whit, sir. You are not to be trusted at all.
絲毫不信 先生 你一點也不可信