My dear Mr Bennet, have you heard?
貝內特先生,你聽說了嗎?
Netherfield Park is let at last.
內瑟菲爾德莊園終于租出去了
Do you not want to know who has taken it?
你不想知道是誰租的嗎?
As you wish to tell me, my dear,
你一定會說的,親愛的
doubt I have any choice in the matter.
我不想聽都不行
Liddy, Kitty, what have I told you about listening at the door?
莉蒂、凱蒂,不準在門外偷聽
Never mind that. There’s a Mr Bingley
別管了,有位賓利先生
arrived from the North. Perchance.
從北方來的,他的家財萬貫
£5,000 a year. Really?
每年有五千英鎊收入
He’s single. He’s single.
而且他是單身
Who’s single? A Mr Bingley, apparently.
誰是單身? 一位賓利先生
And how can that possibly affect them?
這跟咱們的女兒有什么關系?
Oh, Mr Bennet, how can you be so tiresome?
拜托,你就別裝蒜了
You know he must marry one of them.
他一定會娶其中的一個
So that is his design in settling here.
他打算在這兒定居嗎?
You must go and visit him at once.
你一定要馬上去拜訪他
Good heavens. People.
老天爺,孩子們
For we may not visit if you do not, as you well know, Mr Bennet.
你明知道你不去我們就不能去
Aren’t you listening? You never listen.
你聽到嗎?你都沒在聽
You must, Papa.
爸,你一定要去
At once.
立刻
There’s no need, I already have.
沒這個必要,我已經去過了