影視片花:
臺詞欣賞:
Jane:Has Mr. Rochester not sent for us today?
羅切斯特先今天沒有叫我們過去嗎?
Fairfax:Why, he's gone away. Were you not aware?
怎么,他已經走了。你不知道嗎?
He left after breakfast.
你不知道嗎?他吃過早飯就離開了。
He's gone to the Leas. It's Mr. Eshton's place.
他去了里斯.艾斯頓先生那里。
I believe Blanche Ingram is there. She's a great favorite of his.
布蘭奇·英格拉姆小姐肯定也在,羅切斯特先生很喜歡她。
I saw her two years ago when Mr. Rochester gave a party here.
在兩年前的一次聚會上我見過她,
She's a most elegant girl. They sang a duet together.
高貴典雅又氣質不凡,他們還一起表演了二重唱。
They made a lovely harmony.
他們倆真是登對極了!
I was quite surprised he didn't make a proposal, but she has no fortune.
我很詫異他竟然沒有向她求婚,不過她并不富有。
In every other way they'd make a splendid match.
但其他方面他們都相當般配,
Perhaps it's his intention now.
他現在可能要追求她了。
He's far more likely to have gone off to Europe.
他也很可能已經去歐洲了。
He often goes without so much as a fare-you-well, and I don't see him for a year.
主人經常不打招呼就離開,之后一年都見不著他人。
Servant:I collected the burnt linen from the master's room.
我在主人的房里撿到了燒焦的布料。
Fairfax:That's fine. Just go make up the bed.
沒關系,去鋪好床就行了。