影視片花:
臺詞欣賞:
Rochester:I don't wish to treat you as inferior.
我并不想把你當做下人
Jane:Yet you'd command me to speak?
但你卻命令我跟你說話
Rochester:Are you very hurt by my tone of command?
我命令的口吻傷了你的自尊嗎
Jane:There are few masters who'd trouble to inquire whether their paid subordinates were hurt by their commands.
很少有主人會去關心自己的言語是否中傷了他花錢雇來的這些仆人
Rochester:Paid subordinate? I'd forgotten the salary.
花錢雇來的仆人 我倒忘記了薪酬的事
Well, on that mercenary ground, will you consent to speak as my equal without thinking that the request arises from insolence?
那么從雇傭的角度來說 你是否愿意與我平等地談話 而不把它當做是傲慢無禮的要求呢
Jane:I'd never mistake informality for insolence, sir. One, I rather like. The other, nothing freeborn should ever submit to.
我絕不會把不拘禮節錯當傲慢無理 先生 前者是我所喜歡的
而后者 是任何自由人都不應該屈從的
Rochester:Humbug.
胡扯
Jane:Even for a salary. Most freeborn things would submit to anything for a salary.
即使是為了賺錢 大多數人會為了賺錢而屈從于任何事情
But I mentally shake hands with you for your answer.
但在精神上 我同意你所說的
Rochester:Not three in 3,000 schoolgirl governesses would have answered me as you've just done.
三千個女家教中像你這么回答的不出三個
Jane:Then you've not spent much time in our company, sir. I'm the same plain kind of bird as all the rest, with my common tale of woe.
其實你并不了解我們 先生 我與那些平凡的女家庭老師一樣 有個如出一轍的悲慘故事