劇情播報:
Rochester的回歸使管家Fairfax要注意防范Beth的歇斯底里的發作。就在這時,Beth真的又精神病發作,燒起了房子。幸好Jane及時發現,把Rochester喚醒,共同撲滅了火。此時,本來就對Jane有好感,產生愛戀之情的Rochester表白了自己的內心。認為Jane可以將他從不好的命運中轉運。
影視片花:
劇說天下:
Fairfax:Leah, have you seen Mrs. Poole?
Leah,你看到普爾女士了嗎?
Leah:Yes, ma'am.
是的,夫人。
Fairfax:The master's in no mood for any more mistakes.
主人不希望再出任何差錯。
Jane:Who's there? Wake up, sir! Wake up! Sir! Wake up!
誰在那兒?醒醒,先生!快醒醒啊!先生!
Rochester:The quilt! Give it here!
被子!快把被子拿過來!
Jane:A noise aroused me from my sleep.
我是被一陣聲音吵醒的。
Rochester:What noise?
什么聲音?
Jane:There was someone at my door.
剛才有人在我房門外。
Rochester:Stay here. Don't make a sound. Say nothing about this.You're no talking fool. But... I'll account for this state of affairs. Say nothing.
待在這里,別出聲。別跟他人說起這事,你也不是愛說傻話的人。但是我日后再向你解釋這事,你要絕口不提。
Jane:Yes, sir.
好的,先生。
Rochester:Is that how you would leave me? Jane, fire is a horrible death.You've saved my life. Don't walk past me as if we were strangers.
你這就走了嗎?簡,可怕的火災差點要了我的命,是你救了我。你不要像個陌生人似的從我身邊走過。
Jane:But what am I to do then?
那我該怎么做呢?
Rochester:I've a pleasure in owing you my life.
我愿用一生償還你的救命之恩。
Jane:There is no debt.
你并不欠我什么。
Rochester:I knew you would do me good in some way. I saw it in your eyes when I first beheld you. Their expression did not strike my very inmost being so for nothing. People talk of natural sympathies. You...
我早就知道你是我的貴人。我們第一次相遇時,你的雙眼已經告訴我了。你那雙眼眸不會無緣無故地激起我內心深處的波瀾。人們總談起天生的憐惜之情,而你去不是......
Jane:Good night then, sir.
晚安了,先生。
Rochester:You will leave me, then?
你要走了嗎?
Jane:I am cold.
我很冷。
Rochester:Go.
走吧......