詞匯回顧:
1. Angela Delvecchio: 一個黃油的牌子
hibachi: (日本)木炭火盆
shiatsu: (Jap.)〈醫〉指壓,指壓按摩療法
2. Impressions: 壓痕,印跡
3. split: 分擔
4. commitment: 承諾
5. work: [口語]壞事,不可告人的勾當,欺騙行為;卑鄙的勾當
6. massage: 按摩
7. yum: 極好的,妙的
8. frantically : 瘋狂地
短語學習:
1.move out: 搬出
eg. I was five when I began counting down the years until my sister would move out.
我從五歲起,就開始倒數計時看我姐姐將何時離開家搬出去住。
eg. When young people do move out, they are more likely to rent than buy.
即便年輕人真的搬出去了,他們也更有可能租車而不買車。
eg. His ambition is to get a job, keep it and move out.
他的愿望就是有一份工作,保住它,然后搬出去。
2.what if: 如果……將會怎樣?
eg. What if I have no debts?
如果我沒債務怎么辦?
eg. One of each? What if you have triplets?
假如生了三胞胎會怎么樣?
eg. What if this is all there is to our life?
如果這一切就是我們的生活,怎么辦?
3.take off: 脫下(衣帽、鞋子等)
Margaret never failed first to take off her make- up and hang up the clothes she had stepped out of.
瑪格麗特從不忘記取下化妝品,把脫下的衣服掛整齊。
To find your perfect heel height, take off your shoes, sit on a chair and extend one leg straight in front of you.
要找到你最合適的鞋跟高度,首先脫下你的鞋子,坐在椅子上,并向前伸直一條腿。
4.run off: 走掉, 離開
How dare you run off like that?
你們竟敢就那樣跑開?
Staying with him seems more sensible, but if he does run off you will have limited negotiating power.
和他在一起但不結婚似乎更明智一些,但如果他真的離開你,你的談判實力將很有限;
5.push back: 推遲
Some have begun to push back against this bill, and I am very happy to address their concerns.
一些人已經開始推動對這個法案的反擊了,我很樂意看到他們站出來發表自己的看法。
Two new projects, however, aim to push back both these limits.
所幸的是,兩個新項目正在努力打破這些限制。
6.out of sorts: [口語] 心情不好sort: 態度;種類
Slouched into work feeling tired, flat and thoroughly out of sorts.
懶散地開始工作,感覺疲憊、乏力,而且一點兒都不高興。
It's best to just let people know that you haven't had enough sleep and that you feel both tired and out of sorts.
最好就是讓人們知道,你沒有足夠的睡眠,以至讓你感到累、沒精打采。
Everyone seemed rather out of sorts and inclined to croak .
每個人似乎都有點不對勁,想發發牢騷。
7.make a move: 采取行動,開始行動
To make a move, to wake people up.
為了使人震動,把人驚醒。
All day long, every time you make a move, you will be depending on the code that’s already there.
一整天,每當你開始動手,都要依賴已有的代碼。