影視片花:
臺詞賞析:
Fairfax:I hardly know what to say to you. I'm so astonished.
我真不知該對你說什么好。我太吃驚了。
I feel like I must have been dreaming.
我也覺得自己正在做夢。
Jane:I thought Mr. Rochester came in here... and said that in a months time, you were to be his wife.
剛才Rochester先生進來… 但是對我說在一個月之后,你就將會成為他的夫人了。
Jane:He said the same to me.
他對我說了相同的話。
Fairfax:You know how much I like you. Jane, but... You are so young... and little acquainted with men.
你清楚我有多么喜歡你。可是,Jane… 你過于年輕了… 也不熟悉男人。
I have noticed Mr. Rochester's growing fondness for you.
我也發現Rochester先生一直很喜歡你。
And I had wanted so many times, for your sake, to put you on your guard!
而我不下百次在想,為了你自己好,你得筑起圍墻!
Jane:Why?
為什么?
There is an old saying "All is not gold that glitters."
有句老話說:“閃光的并不都是金子。”
And in this case, I fear... something different. May be found... from what you or I expect.
而此時此刻,我覺得… 有點不對勁,恐怕… 你和我所共同期待的。
Jane:Is it impossible that Mr. Rochester... should have a sincere affection for me?
難道Rochester先生就不可能真心真意愛我嗎?
Fairfax:Oh, no... It is not that, my dear.
噢,不… 我不是這個意思,親愛的。
He is a proud man. All the Rochester were proud.
他是高傲的人。Rochester氏都很高傲。
And gentlemen in his station... are not accustomed to marrying their governesses.
這樣地位的紳士… 不應該娶他們的家庭教師。