臺詞欣賞:
Rochester:Stay out of the way, Grace.
站一邊去,Grace。
Grace:Be careful, sir.She's a bit snappish.
先生小心,她現在有點焦躁。
She's seen you, sir!You'd better not stay!
她看見你了,先生,你最好別呆在這里吧。
Brig:We'd better leave.
我們最好走吧。
Rochester:You stay here!
你留下!
This is my wife, your sister, Mason! Look at her. She is mad!
這就是我的妻子。你的妹妹,Mason!看看她,她是瘋子!
So was her mother. So was her grandmother. Three generations of violent lunacy. I wasn't told about that, was I, Mason?
她的母親也是,外祖母同樣是,三代都是瘋子,Mason,事先沒人對我說過吧?
All I was told about was that my father had made a suitable match.
我只被告訴說,我父親為我安排了門當戶對的親事。
One... that would prop up his dwindling fortune and one... that would give your family the Rochester name!
一是給他的家族增加財產,二是也可以是你的家族擁有Rochester的姓氏!
I did what I was told!
我任由擺布!
And Bertha, was kept away from me,until the wedding.
而Bertha這個女人在婚禮前我一直沒法見到。
It was cleverly done.
多聰明的做法。
Everyone got what they wanted except me.
除了我,每個人都得到了他們想要的東西。
Even, she is better off here than she'd be in a lunatic asylum.
甚至她生活在這人都比她生活在瘋人院還好。
But I have spent the last 15 years in torment!
但我在15年中則飽受折磨!
And this is what I...what I wish to have... this young girl, who stands, so grave, but quiet at the mouth...of hell...
她…才是我想要的…站在這里這位年輕的姑娘,恬靜端莊。地獄的入口......